• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

AeroSoft PBY

gray eagle

SOH-CM-2024
When looking out in the cockpit view of the AeroSoft PBY , the nose of the aircraft doesn't look right IMHO. It seems a bit off.
Any users of this aircraft know if that issue was ever corrected?

PbY.JPG

Pby1.JPG

Attachments

• PbY.JPG
    PbY.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I too have the aerosoft PBY in both P3D v4.5 & 5.3 and the model hasn't changed.

Fyi, when I first installed the PBY aircraft into 4.5 I found it to be an very poor x64 bit conversion, very half done indeed with obvious uncompleted work.

I did manage correct most of the issues however it took about 65,000 lines of code adjustments overall.

Cheers

The civilian version looks rather naff, but the military one looks OK externally.
Sadly, this aircraft is just plain old!
Be good to have a really up to date Catboat but I doubt that will ever happen! :unsure:

1726893686257.png

I don't think that will happen either because of the lack of real interest for military payware anymore. Developers have to create a product that has a big interest in it. There are a few really cool vintage military/naval aircraft I would like to see that were developed for FS9,but I couldn't get anyone interested that I beta for. Especially now with everyone developing for MSFS we P3D and FSX guys and ladies are S.O.L..

Right on Larry.
I must admit to feeling like we have been abandoned.
Stuff happens.
I have P3Dv3-v4-v5 on a dedicated HD, that way I can fly most of my preferred aircraft in whichever version they will operate in.
Be nice to have a better Cat as my father flew them all over the Pacific.
:australia:

My father serviced them from a small seaplane tender in the Panama Canal Zone patrolling for the uboats. Most people don't realize that. They used to transit the canal and patrol Argentina and Colombia. Both of them were our allies and provided troops and support as did Brazil that I found out when I was in Rio and visited the Brazil WWII museum. Remember the Graf Spee was there in Montevideo harbor. Fortunately it was scuttled before my Dad and his ship were down there. But the U-BOATS were. Also we had "four-piper" destroyers down there and on convoy duty freeing up the front line DD's and DE's for duty in the Pacific.

I think most military simmers have also jumped ship to DCS over the years. Me being one of them. But the market I think fell off dramatically since the detail in all the military systems in those aircraft is really unmatched in the current space and DCS' updates in the last few years have made a dramatic shift in that leap I think. Which is why developers like Razbam, IFE, and a few others started developing a lot of military stuff for these sims and focused on bringing those others to DCS. Granted there are some entry level stuff you can do with enjoying the your favorite airframes in FSX, P3D, or MSFS. But that extra bit of detail and the full fidelity accuracy of the military stuff in DCS is really unmatched.

If Microsoft brought back their original CFS based sims and threw it into the environment they've now created for MSFS, that would definitely shift the playing field significantly. But I don't see that happening either.

I agree with you about Microsoft. They sold their flight sim stuff to Lockheed Martin and just got back into the flight sim market a few years ago after years out of it. I honestly don't think it was a matter of profit because they sure don't hurt for that with all their other software. Even MSFS must be just a very small part of their total software market.

I too have the aerosoft PBY in both P3D v4.5 & 5.3 and the model hasn't changed.

Fyi, when I first installed the PBY aircraft into 4.5 I found it to be an very poor x64 bit conversion, very half done indeed with obvious uncompleted work.

I did manage correct most of the issues however it took about 65,000 lines of code adjustments overall.

Cheers

Hey I'm quoting my own message because it's so far up.

Apologies to those enquiring re: Catalina fixes, since I changed to the .org url all notifications were going to spam.

It was some years ago that I looked into the Catalina, I'll have a look further but I may not have the details since it wasn't anything I planned to make available in general.

Cheers

Apologies to those enquiring re: Catalina fixes, since I changed to the .org url all notifications were going to spam.

It was some years ago that I looked into the Catalina, I'll have a look further but I may not have the details since it wasn't anything I planned to make available in general.

Cheers
Glad you replied. Again, I appreciate the "fixes" you have made. Thanks for your efforts.

Cheers
Any luck finding your updates?

Back