• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Flight Replicas C-54/DC-4....

Thanks I already know about amazing DC-4 repaints by world famoys Jankees but I find it strange there is no support forum or no FAQ database for any Flight Replicas customers to read about past problems and solutions to correct problems.

It is NOT worth to bother Flight Replicas with contact message sent to them to ask if their Carvair cargo plane has loading tray in front of their operable front nose cargo door for cars to go up into the plane

Yeahhh I already did that and am pleased to see Jankees repaints working in my FSX. Since you mention that you have dozens of repaints for FR DC-4, what is your full Avsim screen name please so that I can use your screenname as search keyword in search field for Avsim library.

Thanks to both of you for kindness

Regards,

Aharon

you are 100% correct, I checked and it appears i never uploaded them to avsim once OZX went down, however someone from flightsim.com was uploading my files there when i uploaded to ozx just before it was hacked to death and captured the Flight replica paints and some others I forgot about. The other several that arent there are on a HD somewhere which i doubt i will have the energy to upload

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=83369608&page=26 has some of the FR DC paints from there onwards and maybe one or 2 earlier in the pages

Save the skymaster

Found a "Save the Skymaster" link

https://www.milairpix.com/cgi-bin/yabbnew/YaBB.pl?num=1492110122

\

Has anyone done a paint of this one or will do one?

Capture.jpg

Capture1.jpg

Not seen that MATS Atlantic Division C-54 before Grey Eagle. Very nice job they have done there indeed. Like the artwork on the nose section the emblematic bird over the globe - the line up of flags looks very tricky to do. The light grey undertone to the belly section seems a little navy. Never managed a ride in the C-54, C-47 yeah (flew one) DC-6 a few times. Always admired them from afar. Ernest K Gann gives them a good wrap too in Fate is the Hunter. Yes the 4 some aeroplane better than the 3 or 47 I think.

GreyEagle - found that exact paint but alas it was for the JBK DC-4 not the Flight Replicas DC-4. Might have a go at it myself but it will be a WIP as I have no PC to run P3D for the time being and would be checking it out in FSX (things you do when your desperate - reinstall FSX on an old PC!)

So have they not polished the fuselage top (it looks grey to me) or is it the light do you think. The gold striping and edging will be a pain as well. Gold metallic look as bad as the aluminium to do!

GreyEagle - found that exact paint but alas it was for the JBK DC-4 not the Flight Replicas DC-4. Might have a go at it myself but it will be a WIP as I have no PC to run P3D for the time being and would be checking it out in FSX (things you do when your desperate - reinstall FSX on an old PC!)

So have they not polished the fuselage top (it looks grey to me) or is it the light do you think. The gold striping and edging will be a pain as well. Gold metallic look as bad as the aluminium to do!

If you can give that a go that would be just ducky......:encouragement:

As a young Navy brat in the '50's, I flew on the R6D with my Folks from states to Naples It. That was a long cold ride.

I'll have to check out the JBK DC-4 in that livery to see what that looks like.

Edit: Is this the one you mentioned?

mats-c54-mats-c54-1.jpg

Yes thats the only one. When I have a look at the history and photos of this veteran, WW2. Korea, Vietnam and everywhere in between it looks like probably about 4 different paints jobs for this aeroplane. Khaki, then the Silver with the artwork, then a more normal MATS white opt, then the navy white-grey. Remarkable it was recognised and saved in time.

GreyEagle - Done 3 of the 4 the last of course is the one you wanted the most. That will take a bit of time to get it up. I did these in FSX so not sure how they will come up in P3D. I will upload them as a package of 4 here in a few days hopefully.

So far we have:

1945 Factory Fresh
w5hImVb.jpg

1960s
AqrLQiV.jpg

1970s
Bf3sYhM.jpg

The really nice one is circa 1950s still come.

you are 100% correct, I checked and it appears i never uploaded them to avsim once OZX went down, however someone from flightsim.com was uploading my files there when i uploaded to ozx just before it was hacked to death and captured the Flight replica paints and some others I forgot about. The other several that arent there are on a HD somewhere which i doubt i will have the energy to upload

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=83369608&page=26 has some of the FR DC paints from there onwards and maybe one or 2 earlier in the pages

for some reason that link comes up blank, try https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php?searchid=83417308

GreyEagle - Done 3 of the 4 the last of course is the one you wanted the most. That will take a bit of time to get it up. I did these in FSX so not sure how they will come up in P3D. I will upload them as a package of 4 here in a few days hopefully.

So far we have:

1945 Factory Fresh

1960s

1970s

The really nice one is circa 1950s still come.

Theses really look nice. Thanks for making them. :encouragement:

Small change to the 1970s version - I forgot the flag on the tail.

5j8yEly.jpg

Looks nice however, it looks similar to one that Matt Levi (Jeansy) did. I've notice that image searches of R5D's (Google) render Modex of different sizes and fonts.
I like the AGANA one (60')......

Capture.jpg

Yes I have the Matt Levi paint. That style was the 1960s same as the Agana. Not sure where Agana came from or what it even means. The constant changes to fonts lettering logos etc is a pain. Anyway here is first pass on the 1950 Atlantic Division. Still very untidy in some aspects but WIP.

2zo7O1T.jpg

Yes I have the Matt Levi paint. That style was the 1960s same as the Agana. Not sure where Agana came from or what it even means. The constant changes to fonts lettering logos etc is a pain. Anyway here is first pass on the 1950 Atlantic Division. Still very untidy in some aspects but WIP.

That one is looking very good :applause:

The one with Agana on the tail was from Naval Air Station Agana Guam - It closed in 1995.

I am leaving these paints alone for the time being until I get my real PC back and P3DV5 back. Just cannot replicate the lighting and shading in P3D in FSX. I guess it is the COVID parts delay for the time being.

I am leaving these paints alone for the time being until I get my real PC back and P3DV5 back. Just cannot replicate the lighting and shading in P3D in FSX. I guess it is the COVID parts delay for the time being.

Bendy, it is really annoying trying to get any PC parts, although it seems that certain outlets are more equal than some.
The 3080+ situation is ridiculous, my go to guys received 30 units recently, all pre-paid orders.
Scorptec are not a small outfit and yet those 30 cards were it for their Victorian customer base.
Really frustrating.
:banghead:

Bendy, it is really annoying trying to get any PC parts, although it seems that certain outlets are more equal than some.
The 3080+ situation is ridiculous, my go to guys received 30 units recently, all pre-paid orders.
Scorptec are not a small outfit and yet those 30 cards were it for their Victorian customer base.
Really frustrating.
:banghead:
Yep my new PC came from them, not their fault the cooling system and power supply failed - but no parts at moment. So you sit and wait!! Same all over, no printer cartridges for my HP unit and no bits to replace a throw away belt on another machine that has a real motor - making me a cranky old bastard!

Done this one as well. British Commonwealth Pacific Airlines. Started with DC-4's on the Sydney-Fiji-Canton Island-Honolulu-San Francisco run and return twice a week in 1948. BCPA were taken over absorbed into Qantas after Resolution collected the hillside near half moon bay at San Francisco during an instrument approach using the old VAR type NDB approach. That is some run across the Pacific in a DC-4.

FalgW4n.jpg

Done this one as well. British Commonwealth Pacific Airlines. Started with DC-4's on the Sydney-Fiji-Canton Island-Honolulu-San Francisco run and return twice a week in 1948. BCPA were taken over absorbed into Qantas after Resolution collected the hillside near half moon bay at San Francisco during an instrument approach using the old VAR type NDB approach. That is some run across the Pacific in a DC-4.

FalgW4n.jpg

I like the boarding ladders for this aircraft. Is there a separate program that uses them? I use the GSX program and it really doesn't facilitate ladders for pax doors on the right side of the aircraft. I know some aircraft have the ladder system built in.

Grey Eagle - alas no. All the good ones with stairs and ladders they are incorporated into the model design and activated that way. I know what you mean I bought GSX some time ago only for the stairs feature to find it was nothing like what I expected and it was as buggy as hell for me. Shame about that. If GSX can do it I am not sure why somebody has not come up with a simple program just to do this stairs say 3 one front one back and one on the other side.

Back