• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

A-26 FSX Accel Problem

flyindave

Members +
I just installed Acceleration and (on a clean install) am in the process of getting every thing to work a lot of props dont and I have so far been able to fix them but when I dropped the Milton Shupe A-26 in I have a partial transparent problem on the nose? the B-26K, On Mark and LAS are ok? any suggestions ??

I just installed Acceleration and (on a clean install) am in the process of getting every thing to work a lot of props dont and I have so far been able to fix them but when I dropped the Milton Shupe A-26 in I have a partial transparent problem on the nose? the B-26K, On Mark and LAS are ok? any suggestions ??

It's a known problem with the A-26 when using it in FSX/SP2/Accel.

I believe there is a fix in work to bring the FS9 A-26 up to FSX standards. There used to be a few threads on the progress in the FS2004 forum but since the server crash I think they are gone (I don't frequent the FS9 forums).

-G-

Below is a crude fix issued months ago:

FS9 Planes that Work in FSX Acceleration
A26 by SOH
Operating System:Vista
Files: A26SOH.zip @ sim-outhouse.com
Graphic Card/ nVidia driver: nVidia Forceware 8800GTS/169.04 and probably earlier
DX9 Mode
The 2D and 3D panels and windows work ok and are very nice. No self shadows.
This is a crude fix of the decal section of the a26 for the "Hard to Get" repaint of this a/c. It merely covers up the decal with a solid unpolished gray. It will look better than invisible sides. The other paints could be similarly modified using a paint program to select the proper color.
The decal fix can be accomplished by going to the "Hard to Get" texture folder, deleting the DECAL_noseart.bmp file, copying and pasting the gray.bmp file to create a gray - copy.bmp file. Rename the gray - copy.bmp file to DECAL_noseart.bmp. ( The gray - copy.bmp file name is Vista produced name, XP produces a different name.)
Two other fixes do better than the above, one for the props, the other for the guns.
Props: Suggest using prop_super_king_air.2.bmp from afgb300fsx.zip in place of spinprop.bmp
Guns: Use DXTbmp to load and save as "DXT1 opaque" the guns.bmp file.
DX10
Mostly white, gray and black textures. Untested: Converting the textures to DXT1 opaque. Would expect loss of reflective ability.

Thank you Milton I cannot tell you how much I have enjoyed you and your teams wounderful work through the years they all are my favorites and I am getting most to work in Accel mostly prop issues and pretty easy to get around. I had figured out last night that the Decal texture was the problem but had no idea what to do. I had just down loaded your fixes and will go try it out Again Thank You

Dave

Back