• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

A bit of advice needed

noddy

SOH-CM-2024
I have a Dell XPS 720H2C with a QX6850 o/c to 3.67, dual GTX8800 cards, 1066 DDR2 RAM and 1000 watt psu. Also Vista 32 Bit Ultimate.

I cannot see I will be changing this for a while, I have pushed the processor up as far as I dare, the RAM is the best I can get for the machine, so the only thing to change would be the cards.

Both cards seems to be working well, but are now 3yrs + old, what card / s could I get to replace them?

Was looking at the 285 a while back, but the new 400 series look good, any thoughts.

With the current power supply, older CPU, and northbridge which comes with your Dell I would go with a GTX 460. At TechCorp our best tested for overall performance 460s were the MSI Cyclone N460 OC, MSI Hawk GTX460OC, ASUS ENGTX460 Direct CU TOP/2DI/!GB DDR5 (very fast), EVGA 01G P3 1373 AR GeForce GTX460 Superclocked EE model.
Nvidia has better/faster tessellation for DX11 games than the ATI cards if you play anything other than FSX like Train or Ship Simulator.
Ted

Ted,

Many thanks for the advice, a lot cheaper than the 285 and seem to be a good deal better than the 8800 I currently have.

Do you think I could get 2 for SLI as I currently have, I do play other games that can run SLI config.

Ted,

Many thanks for the advice, a lot cheaper than the 285 and seem to be a good deal better than the 8800 I currently have.

Do you think I could get 2 for SLI as I currently have, I do play other games that can run SLI config.

Yes sir you can run them in SLI you have plenty of power on that XPS to do so. I would not buy the MSI Cyclone for SLI it takes up too much room and blows the exhaust into the computer. I would get either the EVGA or the ASUS (ASUS is superfast)

Both cards arrived safe and sound, and are fairly compact compared to the GTX8800.

Only limiting testing so far, but appear to do the job very well.

Back