• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

A few of my models

Rawsthorne

Members +
1:72 scale Heinkel He-280

Built from 2 different kits: HUMA-Modell's short run kit for the wings, engines, undercarriage and decals; the fuselage, butterfly tail and the canopy came from the Frank Modellbau vac-form kit (pretty rare now, I should think)
[FONT=&quot]
T1L10vf.jpeg
[/FONT]

these are terrific models! The paintwork on the Hun is really good.
Your He-280 looks just right - kit bashed but you'd never know it wasn't a complete kit of that aircraft. Nicely done.

Are those the same Jumo engines slung under the wings that an Me-262 would use? I would guess yes but I'm wrong too often not to ask.

these are terrific models! The paintwork on the Hun is really good.
Your He-280 looks just right - kit bashed but you'd never know it wasn't a complete kit of that aircraft. Nicely done.

Are those the same Jumo engines slung under the wings that an Me-262 would use? I would guess yes but I'm wrong too often not to ask.

Thank you kindly, heywoood. As I recall, the Jumos are the same as would later be used on the Me 262; I seem to remember there were some other powerplant options in the vacform kit, such as twin rockets - but I built this so long ago I can't honestly remember! I built the Huma kit separately with the twin tailfin configuration but I think this version with the butterfly tail looks prettier

1/72 scale PR Spitfires - PR19 (top) and MkXI

[FONT=&quot]
ZV5OUn0.jpeg
I believe this was the old Pegasus kit but with metal prop & exhausts
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
iIxXR1O.jpeg
MPM's PRXI[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]

@ heywooood

Thanks, mate - they were indeed a labour of love, these Contrail flying boats. I was so completely fascinated by 1920s & 30s aviation at the time - I can't imagine building another now

Back