• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

A Fun Experience

falcon409

SOH-CM-2022
While I was moving files over to the new "Resources" section today I was also tracking my Great Granddaughters flight to Hawaii on Flight Aware. It was mostly uneventful until her flight was about 150nm east of Honolulu. I took a chance and pulled up "Live ATC" and after trying various frequencies just happened to catch an Approach Controller contact "United384" (her airplane). From then on I was able to listen in on the conversations (altitude and heading changes), right down to being turned over to the Tower for instructions for landing on 8L. Pretty cool!

Sweet on my first cross county flight West Palm, FL to Sacramento, Ca United Air Lines let you listen into ATC as the Pilot was flying the plane. First and only time I could do that it was rather cool.

Back in the day it was called either "In the Cockpit" or "From the Flightdeck" available on one of the channels using the headphones. Sure was better than the crappy music channels. On one
Delta flight from Atlanta, I got to listen to the pilot report to ground that a hydraulic leak was happening just after engine start. Ground crew came on and said "Let's get this bleeding pig over to the maintenance area so a tech could tighten the fitting". All sorts of good listening!:listening_headphone

A bit off ATC topic, but equally as interesting I think...a number of years ago before we moved in with our daughter and grand daughter after she lost her husband, she had a minivan with the 2 year old; three dogs and luggage on the interstate coming up through Indiana to our home in Illinois in a snow storm which got worse and worse and we got quite worried. I was downstairs in the computer room and got the Divine inspiration to tune in the traffic cams in Indiana on the interstate which were live. We used to keep in constant contact on our cell phones whenever she did this so we were in touch and as it got worse and worse, I would tell her to flash her headlights as she passed a mile marker which allowed me to see her,. There was not much else on the road but a few semi's which she was tailgating for safety as their big tires cleared paths for her to follow. Finally as it got so bad even the semi's were heading for an oasis, I knew exactly where she was by a Holiday Plaza Hotel and Oasis and I told her to exit which she did. It was now 2Am in the morning and she checked in with the baby and the three dogs. The desk clerk gave her a room for the night for free and in the morning the sun was shining and after breakfast she got back on the road and safely up to us in Northern Illinois just a couple of hours away now. Thank you God for your protection when we most need it. I believe you can still log into the live traffic cams on the interstates on your computer. It is possible to listen to live or recorded ATC with an app too still.

Back