• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Aeroplane Heaven Freeware ORBX Central

SgtT

SOH-CM-2024
Hi all,

Saw some great Aeroplane Heaven Freeware aircraft but you need something called ORBX Central. Is there a way to download the aircraft with installing ORBX Central?

Thanks,

Rob

Hi all,

Saw some great Aeroplane Heaven Freeware aircraft but you need something called ORBX Central. Is there a way to download the aircraft with installing ORBX Central?

Thanks,

Rob

Yes you can download the aircraft with ORBX Central. Very easy.

Thank you, I guess I'm a little leery of installing a piece of software in order to download freeware planes. Can I install them without the ORBX Central?

Last edited:
I'm quite sure you can't. Well at least not in a not in a normal way. I think ORBX introduced Central to avoid illegal copies, so that is why you can't work around it. You need Central both to download the models and to install them.

Cheers,
Huub

Thank you, I guess I'm a little leery of installing a piece of software in order to download freeware planes. Can I install them without the ORBX Central?

AFAIK, no. Central manages the D/L install and any activation, maintains your list of installed OrbX products and, if you were to later buy current products it will handle updates.

It's pretty smooth and painless unless you have a very weird folder structure.

It's also the only way to get their other freeware products that you should, or will later, want like the NA airports, various mesh/landclass or sceneries (most of which are worth the effort).

IIRC, you are also able to opt out of any marketing emails, etc.

Back