• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Alphasim - Updates?

Nick C

Charter Member
Does anybody have any updates on the Alphasim server which is down and has been since Friday? I'm looking to make another purchase but as the product pictures seem to be hosted on the same server and as such are missing, I can't get the information I need.

Helldiver, did you ever resolve your problems too?

EDIT: The title should say "Alphasim - Updates?". Can a mod change it please?

The store is up, but the forum and galleries are not available.
What info are you after Nick ? If I have the product I'll more than happily take some screenshots for you ( I'm not connected with AS but always on the look out for an excuse to jump into Flight sim )

The store is up, but the forum and galleries are not available.
What info are you after Nick ? If I have the product I'll more than happily take some screenshots for you ( I'm not connected with AS but always on the look out for an excuse to jump into Flight sim )

Same goes for me, let us know and see what we can do.

Noddy

Having bought recently the Seasprite, I'm now looking at either the Blackshark or the Longbow. What I'd like to see is a good set of VC images and I'd also be keen to hear thoughts on how they fly and which you feel is better value for money. I have the original Alpha Apache which, with Michaels updated Airfile, is now a superb helicopter. Do I gain anything with the Longbow? Many questions...

Having bought recently the Seasprite, I'm now looking at either the Blackshark or the Longbow. What I'd like to see is a good set of VC images and I'd also be keen to hear thoughts on how they fly and which you feel is better value for money. I have the original Alpha Apache which, with Michaels updated Airfile, is now a superb helicopter. Do I gain anything with the Longbow? Many questions...

Go with the Black Shark, the VC is rather impressive and flies rather well.

I have the Longbow, but not the BlackShark.

In all honesty the Longbow seems to me to fly very much like the old Apache - very floaty light. But I may be running an older version, given all the updates to the package since it's release I lost track of what was what, so the FDE may have been updated. I certainly prefer the new and improved Apache FDE distributed by Michael Davies.

Terrific sound set though, I could listen to the thud of the rotors all day.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U3mCTvC_yOM

The default VC textures are quite frankly a little poor, fuzzy and hard to read giving it a rushed feel to it, which given the actual modelling of the cockpit cannot have been the case. I was a little disappointed, jumping in from the Blackhawk and SeaSprite I expected things to be of a similar standard. The realguage items are easily readable it is just the button detail which was hard to see. No biggy really as the majority of the switches are simply for show.
However an Alphasim forum member did release some High Res textures and these have improved the experience.

MFD's basic flight data and map are togglable in right hand mfd only. Occurs in both Pilot and gunner stations

Pilots pit

Gunners station

Value for money ? hmmmm on the whole I would say so, you do get a lot of load outs and models, top sounds, external textures and model. Suppose it really depends on how much you want a Longbow :mixedsmi:

Cheers

Graham

I HAD both...but kept the longbow. Just personal preference though...they're both great choppers.

I bought both when they came out, but I only ended up keeping the longbow. The textures took forever to load with the blackshark, and I wasn't flying it very often, so I took it off my hard drive.

I have the Longbow, but not the BlackShark.

In all honesty the Longbow seems to me to fly very much like the old Apache - very floaty light. But I may be running an older version, given all the updates to the package since it's release I lost track of what was what, so the FDE may have been updated. I certainly prefer the new and improved Apache FDE distributed by Michael Davies.

Terrific sound set though, I could listen to the thud of the rotors all day.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U3mCTvC_yOM

The default VC textures are quite frankly a little poor, fuzzy and hard to read giving it a rushed feel to it, which given the actual modelling of the cockpit cannot have been the case. I was a little disappointed, jumping in from the Blackhawk and SeaSprite I expected things to be of a similar standard. The realguage items are easily readable it is just the button detail which was hard to see. No biggy really as the majority of the switches are simply for show.
However an Alphasim forum member did release some High Res textures and these have improved the experience.

MFD's basic flight data and map are togglable in right hand mfd only. Occurs in both Pilot and gunner stations

Pilots pit

Gunners station

Value for money ? hmmmm on the whole I would say so, you do get a lot of load outs and models, top sounds, external textures and model. Suppose it really depends on how much you want a Longbow :mixedsmi:

Cheers

Graham

The original was like the old one, they simply used my old files and changed a few bits and pieces.

I'd recently redone the A model upgrades and offered to do the same with the D , I was given 24hrs to ship, did it in 13 but they uploaded in 11 ?, consequently.... unless things have changed since I communicated on the matter....the shop updated FSx D model is running on the old technology FDE, the FS9 updated model is running on the new technology FDE.

There was several threads about all the ins and outs at AS but thats all gone now, about the best I can do.

I'm led to believe the shop is still working correctly, the forums are a technical issue, they may not return, they may return in a truncated format, they may return as they were originally, that is all the information I have.

Best

Michael

I'm led to believe the shop is still working correctly, the forums are a technical issue, they may not return, they may return in a truncated format, they may return as they were originally, that is all the information I have.

Best

Michael<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Thanks, Michael.

I've been waiting for some Seasprite repaints that were supposed to be available last weekend. Now that the forum is down, there is no way I can determine the status or leave a message for the painter. Most of the time the only way to find out about any repaints for the newest AS products is to monitor the forum. Sigh. :kilroy:

--WH<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

WH, keep an eye on Avsim, [FONT=verdana, sans-serif]"Pierre Lheureux[/FONT]" always posts his repaints there. I'm watching for them too.

Thanks all for your thoughts and pictures, I think I'll await the site being fully active again before making any purchase but the information here is invaluable.

No Nick, I have not heard a word from Phil and I guess I'll just have to kiss the AT-6 and about $250 other planes goodbye.
Makes you hesitate before you start to invest in payware,

........snip ....

Best

Michael

That covers all bases :icon_lol:

Being the old cynic that I am and given several of the bad tempered posts I had seen from the AS management, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the forums didn't return. Which would be a shame as they were a valuable resource. Hope I am proved wrong.

If there is an updated D model FDE I'd love to get my hands on it.

Cheers

Graham

That covers all bases :icon_lol:

Being the old cynic that I am and given several of the bad tempered posts I had seen from the AS management, I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the forums didn't return. Which would be a shame as they were a valuable resource. Hope I am proved wrong.

Cheers

Graham

Precisely :icon_lol:, that is exactly what was communicated to me, nothing more, nothing less.

I think your summation is a very observant one, however, my gut feeling is that they may well opt for the middle option. I hinted on their own forum that a move to more or total boxed sets sales would virtually negate the use of a forum, I still believe that to be true, customer issues would be taken up by the vendor, not the developer.

Apache FDEs, let me wake up properly and I will FTP them and post links in a few hours, both the D and the A

Best

Michael

If you sell any product you have to be thick skinned, but treat your customers with respect and they will return the favour. That's how we deal with customers in my day job and we're frequently rewarded by customers complimenting us on our service.

I personally never buy boxed products as they take up too much room and would hate for Alphasim to take that route. Also many publishers send support requests directly back to the developer and in the past I've been left in no man's land when the publisher sent me to the developer and the developer then ignored my emails politely asking for help.

I for one hope their forums return.

Cheers

Graham

Try these

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mickoo/files/ALPHA_AH-64A_Apache_FSx_V1.3c.zip

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mickoo/files/ALPHA_AH-64D_Apache_FSx_V1.1.zip

These should be the latest, there the last that I did, use at your own discretion and please make a back up of the originals first please, any issues please let me know but they should be good for y'all to use.

Best

Michael

Back