• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Anybody Ever Do any Real Artwork?

ejoiner

Charter Member
These were some pieces I did a few years ago. The P-51 was for my uncle who flew this bird in China. The original print versions of these are well over 3 feet wide and hi resolution.

p51_montage.jpg

B17 Blue Belle.jpg

dc3.jpg

Beautiful! I'm curious how you managed to make 3 foot wide hi res versions. Are they entirely done with Photoshop or Illustrator or some other tool? They'd look fabulous on a wall!

Beautiful! I'm curious how you managed to make 3 foot wide hi res versions. Are they entirely done with Photoshop or Illustrator or some other tool? They'd look fabulous on a wall!

These were all done in Photoshop at very high DPI (200 dpi) which makes the files huge, but then I had these printed at a commercial printer and hand selected a cool metalic paper that mades the bare metal really pop.

The P-51 was a montage done specifically for my Great Uncle Paul Crawford, who flew in China during the war. This was his airplane. He was shot down over china after strafing a rail yard. He escaped and evaded. Great grandmother got the telegram that he had gone MIA and family assumed he was dead. he returned to friendly lines with help from Nationalist Chinese 2 days after the Hiroshima bombing. He walked into my great grandparents home on Christmas eve 1945. My great grandmother is said to have literally fainted because she thought she had seen a ghost.

E

i did a charcoal drawing of the Clown Emitt Kelly when i was in high school..i got an A..but what really made me happy was it sold for more than $500.00..and it was just an normal paper size..done on normal drawing paper.

i did a charcoal drawing of the Clown Emitt Kelly when i was in high school..i got an A..but what really made me happy was it sold for more than $500.00..and it was just an normal paper size..done on normal drawing paper.

Really? Thats awesome. Making money from your work is great. Now I wonder who paid 500 bucks for a clown picture? :)

Back