• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Anybody Familiar with Ai planes? Small Issue

Sweetd31

Members +
Does having FS9 scenery or AFCAD file disrupt FSX traffic files? I am noticing that my Houston airports wont allow me to add ai aircraft via ai flight pattern editor. Houston is the only city that I used FS9 scenery, and might of downloaded an AFCAD by accident.

AI flight planner editor seems to work for other airports no problem, and it is definitely not the plane itself.

There are others here who would know better than me but I believe that may be your problem, the FS9 AFCAD.

Only at the affected cities/airports? Or globally? Im still getting global traffic elsewhere just not houston airports

Gonna check tonight

Check to see if there is an ai traffic file in your FS9 scenery.
As others have said FS9 traffic files will kill all FSX compiled AI (no idea why - its a Microsoft thing) within a wide radius -but not the whole world which is why you might be getting traffic elsewhere.

Success! 100% was a fs9 or corrupted traffic file. I threw a random traffic file into the AIFP and it happened to have a whole bunch of houston airports. Even though KEFD wasnt even included on the list, the file in general, i guess because it shares the same airspace, nuked the houston traffic. So it turns out you can use FS9 scenery (wasnt without hiccups of course)Microsoft Flight Simulator X 9_6_2024 11_57_35 AM.png

Last edited:
Hmm I actually have a new issue now, the plane never takes off and does a Tokyo drift or it drags its tail and never gains lift and just keeps rolling?

What is the aircraft? If it isn't a true AI aircraft that might be the issue. Try replacing it with a true AI aircraft (anyone will do) to determine if it is the flight plan or the aircraft that is the issue.

it is milviz T38 ai aircraft from the mission and airbases pack. It worked previously at edwards and nellis. I will get on later tonight, and double check a few things.

Microsoft Flight Simulator X 9_6_2024 1_54_11 PM.png
Microsoft Flight Simulator X 9_6_2024 1_55_08 PM.png

I ended up just reinstalling the ai pack, and it worked... so idk, fsx is weird. The planes now take off from ellington. The kerbal space program geek in me can rejoice. Unfortunately, the milviz ai planes have really low LOD distances, about the only nitpick left. But I love when the forum is successful, so here are a few shots to celebrate!

Problem solved, the old smallobjectrejectradius = 1 in the fsx.cfg actually works! I can see ai planes for miles now. I am so happy about it

Problem solved, the old smallobjectrejectradius = 1 in the fsx.cfg actually works! I can see ai planes for miles now. I am so happy about it
I always hated that in multiplayer, what's weird is for some people the fix works (me, although i've had time where it just wouldn't see reason) for others it doesn't (a few people i've played with)...

Back