• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Argo_02

falcon409

SOH-CM-2022
A repaint was uploaded (to the Warbirds Library) for this nifty little open cockpit airplane. Really well done but after downloading the actual airplane (link is provided in the download) I found that I was unable to trim for level flight. After looking closely at the config file I found the culprit. If anyone else has the airplane and needs to fix, here it is: Under "Flight_Tuning", the settings shown here were all set to "0.0" elevator_trim_effectiveness = 1.0 aileron_trim_effectiveness = 1.0 rudder_trim_effectiveness = 1.0 After changing them to "1.0" the elevator trim started working. That's the only one I tested but I imagine the others also work now as well. I tried adding an AP, but it didn't work. I haven't looked into it since I made the corrections, but I don't know much about how the settings in the config file affect how the AP works.

I apologize for the mess but I have not been able to get hard returns to work any more so everything I type gets packed into one continuous paragraph.

Autopilot

If you open the aircraft.cfg in Notepad++ you can SEARCH for Autopilot. Like your trims, you will find that Autopilot=0 which if you change it to "=1" the aircraft.cfg will recognize when you add an autopilot gauge. I do not see any heading indicator in the panel.cfg so I don't know how without creating a "Minipanel" with your attitude, altimeter, speed and vsi 2D popup you can't have an autopilot. The Argo panel layout in the VC does not have the room to customize it. The 2D MAIN panel is nothing but the wristwatch; GPS is the sliderule and RADIO is the hand-held. The TEST window does not load a gauge in FSPS so it COULD be customized into a 2D popup with the a few gauges like the Autopilot and the Transponder gauges on it. It is a nice airplane IMO but kind of like a "kit aircraft" for sport pilots.

If you open the aircraft.cfg in Notepad++ you can SEARCH for Autopilot. Like your trims, you will find that Autopilot=0 which if you change it to "=1" the aircraft.cfg will recognize when you add an autopilot gauge. I do not see any heading indicator in the panel.cfg so I don't know how without creating a "Minipanel" with your attitude, altimeter, speed and vsi 2D popup you can't have an autopilot. The Argo panel layout in the VC does not have the room to customize it. The 2D MAIN panel is nothing but the wristwatch; GPS is the sliderule and RADIO is the hand-held. The TEST window does not load a gauge in FSPS so it COULD be customized into a 2D popup with the a few gauges like the Autopilot and the Transponder gauges on it. It is a nice airplane IMO but kind of like a "kit aircraft" for sport pilots.
I went through adding an AP using the Autopilot section from my Icon A-5. After correcting the trim settings it will hold altitude but won't hold heading bug or track GPS. (replaced the slide rule with Garmin 500).

Checklist and Reference

Here are the Checklist and the Reference translated into English online.
Start - Up - Warm-Up

ORE - Small gas
Fuel Tap - Open
Ignition - Turn On
Start-Up - Manually
Warm-up - 1400 rpm

Takeoff

Cylinder Temperature - 100+
Fuel control lamp - Not lit
ROOD - Full throttle
Separation - 80 km/h
Climb - 90 - 100 km/h

Horizontal flight

Speed - 110 - 120 km/h
RPM - 2200 - 2300 rpm
Vertical Speed - Adjustable by turns

Landing

The speed of the circle and the speed
of the beginning of the glide path - 110 - 120 km /h
100 - 150 meters above the lane - 90 km/h
The threshold of the lane is 80 km/h
Touch - 70 km/h

Beta 23.09.13

Log data

Length - 4.55 m
Height - 1.8 m
Wingspan - 6.3 m
Engine power - 28 hp.
Empty weight - 145 kg - 319 lbs
Max. take-off - 235 kg - 518 lbs
Fuel capacity - 15 liters - 4 Gallons
Overload max. - +3 G
Overload min. - -1,5 G
Flight alignment - 24-27 % SAH

-- Speeds --
Maximum - 190 km/h - 102 knots
Goriz. flight - 160 km/h - 86 knots
Cruising speed - 120 km/h - 64 knots
Take-off - 80 km/h - 43 knots
Landing - 70 km/h - 38 knots
Stall speed - 72 km/h - 39 knots
Rate of climb - 2 m/s - 394 Ft/min

Run-up - 80 m
Mileage - 100 m

In reality, now at the plane

Rate of climb - 4 m/s

Run-up - 120-140 m
Mileage - 200+ m

Aerodin. the quality is 5.9 at 90-100 km/h
, one of the owners of the real Argo
wrote about the quality about 9-10

How to cure all this, I don't know yet
Other parameters "according to the passport"

- Fuel consumption --
Maximum - ~15 l/h - 4 Gal/h
at 120 km/h - ~9 l/h - 2.4 Gal/h

I did not find the flow chart for RMZ-640,
Customized to the maximum

You can copy and paste them into the Checklist and the Ref respectively because they are plain text files in the Argo folder. The radio is a popup that allows you to change the frequency with the mouse in the window. I am replacing the "Sliderule GPS" with a popup FSX popup GPS. I am also going to create the 2D Minipanel popup as I described above and then have fun flying my "kit aircraft" around North Carolina.

README Update English

Here is the README translated from Russian to English from the Update folder download.

The first addition for Beta 23 09Requires an installed Beta

Textures - Copy Magazine and Edelweiss folders
to /simobjects/airplanes/ARGO-02
copy missing files from ARGO-02/textures
The Default, Aerobatic and NoFabric folders do not need to be copied

Aircraft numbers (RA-00000) can be replaced
with any, the original ones are unknown

Magazine Cover
Taken from the cover of the Modelist-Constructor magazine

Edelweiss
Coloring of the Edelweiss plane
This is a heavily modified Argo built
specifically for aerobatics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDGKHUbGu6M

Dynamics - Copy files from ONE folder to choose from
( and save the existing ones somewhere, in case you don't like it )

is the usual dynamics, but this time corrected by parameters
from tables and nomograms found on the Internet and not by the log

With too much run-up / mileage, I never figured it out

Aerobatic
Almost the same dynamics, but the overload is increased to +5 -3,
the reaction to aileron deflection is slightly increased and lowered
stability. The maximum speed has also been increased
to 235 km/h (the maximum to which one of the Argos was accelerated)

But the weight of the aircraft has been increased by 20kg so be careful

----- those who want to change something -----

If you don't like that the plane is "Rag"
, there are files in the NoFabric folder that remove the texture of the fabric
and give a little more shine to the rag parts of the plane

in the Aircraft.cfg file

in the [flight_tuning] section
, the elevator_trim_effectivity = 0.0 parameter
, corrected to 1.0, turns on the trimmer

in the [contact_points] section
, the first line (point.0) in column 0
, the replacement of 3 by 1 and in column 7, the replacement of 180 by 30
includes a steerable wheel (but the crutch is still visible)

Thank you

Thanks! I have downloaded the Corbey Starlet and actually like it better (faster, enclosed cockpit, AP friendly). Similar in size to the Argo. Find it Here: https://raraavissims.wixsite.com/rara-avis-sims/freeware-c
I just downloaded the Baby Ace. I am deleting the ARGO02. Even though I added a mini panel and autopilot and updated the arrcraft.cfg, it does not respond or follow the heading but just circles when AP is engaged. I am looking forward to flying the Baby Ace in a few minutes around my home field 60J in NC on the coast. :loyal: Merry Christmas to you and your family from ours.

Corbey Starlet is a nice low 'n slow flyer for VFR sightseeing.

Don't forget Aeroplane Heaven has a lot of nice freeware listed here (esp. Cessna 140) : https://orbxdirect.com/freeware

The Globe Swift (bottom pic) was offered as freeware (FSX, P3D) several months ago, ..... but now just mysteriously vanished from their site. I managed to add inside it a simple pop-up functioning autopilot panel (like the one shown on RH side in the F-4 pic just below) ..... and it works well, great for longer flights where hand fatigue may become an issue.

sIWIyDy.png

8aEsqqO.png

Back