• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

ATI or Nvidia

bstolle

No longer active
Just finished the decision making for my new FSX PC (well almost otherwise there wouldn't be the need for a new thread)

i7-960 (970 wouldn't make much sense in FSX i guess)
6GB RAM (should be enough for FSX)
Win7 (don't know yet which version)

but the GPU is a difficult decision. As this is a silent system with no fans and no watercooling, just cooling fins and heatpipes (www.deltatronic.de) a super high performance GPU is out of question and AFAIK FSX is too CPU dependent to take advantage of a top of the line GPU.

The choice is either the new GTS450 or the HD5770. I'm a long time Nvidia user (without Nhancer etc) and i like my 8800GTS. I've read that AMD/ATI has a better AA system but I've also read in this forum that Nvidia just 'looks' better in FSX.

Another solution would be the HD5870 but this card would require a stronger powersupply and a special case with enlarged cooling fins and I doubt that FSX could use the additional performance.

Best regards

Bernt

Back