• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

B314 Seaplane bases

gray eagle

SOH-CM-2024
Interested in location of seaplane base scenery used by the Boeing B314 Clipper and compatible with P3D 4.5 -
I found one set but are for P3D5 and will not work for v4.5

Thanks

My Flying Boat Scenery package is here in the library - Add-Ons Library - P3D / P4D Add-Ons - Scenery - SOH Forum (sim-outhouse.com)
There is no reason this should not work for you in 4.5 as it was all created for FSX originally. You do need a lot of additional object library's however as a lot of stuff in the scenery was created using these addon libraries. There is a comprehensive list in the read me file of what you need.

I intend to update it in the near future as I have done a few more since then!

FWIW my update will include Pan Ams old terminal and departure point at La Guardia. However the catch is you need the FSX La Guardia airport scenery package as this wonderful package included the Old Pan Am Terminal in its correct spot. (klga_fsxv30.zip).

I have not looked at the other package as I already have all those ports (Foynes, Botswood, Treasure Island etc) in my Flying Boat Scenery Package.

La Guardia with the terminal.

RMXWEkz.jpg

Nice GAAB, I am envious - side tracked at moment with 5.3 install etc etc. Gotta take the B314 for some serious flying.

FWIW gentlemen re New York flying boat bases. Port Washington and La Guardia are two completely different locations. Port Washington as it was called is actually at a place called Plum Point which is in the North Hampstead area of New York. La Guardia is a fair ways to the south of this location were La Guardia Airport is located. So those who use my Flying Boat Scenery package know that every base in that package was carefully researched and precisely located geographically.

This is one of the B314 clippers at Port Washington (Plum Point)
jAR6Tev.jpg

Here is an aerial photograph of Port Washington or Plum Point from the 1930s.
lUWbp17.jpg

And here is the original survey document I tracked down for the base when researching the location for my flying boat bases.
uyvYNI4.jpg

And this is how my rendition of Port Washington(Plum Point) looks in P3D.
l0jF8cU.jpg

Yeah and I know it is a pain to have to go and locate and download a variety of scenery librarys to get the eye-candy so to speak for my Flying Boat Bases. There are about 10 all up, they are easily found and all one needs to do is place them in your preferred scenery library and activate them. My scenery bgl' will find them by the unque GUIDs that objects have. Regrettably there was no other way and I cannot be more specific about the libraries as some of my lists/data etc was obliterated in a hard drive crash in FSX days when most of this stuff was done. All Flying Boat bases are derived and located using ADE (Scruffy Duck) and built using an old 32 bit program that no longer works in P3D. Now I have P3DV5.3 up and running nicely with Sim Director operable I intend to revist all the sceneries and do a bit of tidying up.

A few more pics from the sim to illustrate.
This is La Guardia Usaing the FSX La Guardia Scenery for the terminal
GWeUNCQ.jpg

This is Botwood in Canada
dtbDnlu.jpg

Kingmans Reef
Efkjbxv.jpg

This is Daryl's Island in Bermuda. (yep it did look like that once upon a time)
GMetOBO.jpg

Yeah and I know it is a pain to have to go and locate and download a variety of scenery librarys to get the eye-candy so to speak for my Flying Boat Bases. There are about 10 all up, they are easily found and all one needs to do is place them in your preferred scenery library and activate them. My scenery bgl' will find them by the unque GUIDs that objects have. Regrettably there was no other way and I cannot be more specific about the libraries as some of my lists/data etc was obliterated in a hard drive crash in FSX days when most of this stuff was done. All Flying Boat bases are derived and located using ADE (Scruffy Duck) and built using an old 32 bit program that no longer works in P3D. Now I have P3DV5.3 up and running nicely with Sim Director operable I intend to revist all the sceneries and do a bit of tidying up.

I do hope that you can create the Circa 1930's PAN AM seabase as depicted in your photos. (KPOW)

I read your PM and so you know what scenery I had installed but with unsat results.

Gray Eagle Port Washington is already done. If you look at the black and white photo and then a bit further down to the screenshot you will see my rendition of Port Washinton. Hangars offices and jettys. The screenshot shows a S23 at anchor. The shoreline is not exactly the same and these days there are a few more trees, but even coastlines change over 80 years. Plum Point today is a sedate suburb with all that infrastructure including boat yards long gone. I saw from you screenshot that you were placed correctly in the location but none of the scenery objects will appear without those libraries installed as well. Way it is sorry!

I picked up the B314 on the last day of the sale.
I haven’t had a chance to try it yet, looks like fun though.
I definitely like old school aviation.

Looking forward to the extra seaplane bases in v5 when you them updated!

I may be of help to say the reason this FB Scenery package is like this is because the models used are the work of others and they have kindly made them available to be used by me and others so it is a matter of copyright and recognition of this work that I did not include the libraries.

The other thing worth mentioning is that all this was done with the sim having been altered or changed to correct shorelines and coast lines using ORBX Vector and ORBX Global. Now I have reinstalled this package into P3DV5 (It used to be in FSX) as addon scenery and I have installed all the librarys on my system as well. Every Flying Boat base was created intially using ADE so that they appear as an airport in your scenery list and I have adopted a very simple naming convention of starting each one with the prefix FB then its name in full not the ICAO code although they do have a code as well.

ORBX LIBRARIES (if you have ORBX then you already have these librarys!
EZ SCENERY LIBRARIES OR AB LIBRARIES
AhZx_LIB SUB Library FSXP3D
Airfield Objects Library
Cal Classic Libraries for P3D (3 parts simple to put together) this creates a very large Static Objects Library Director. (Literally hundreds of hangars, towers, car boats etc)
CeyX_Scenery Libraries FSXP3D
Dan French Core Libaries Vol 2 FSX (Dan French has created some very nice bits and pieces for scenery over the years)
dlf_Military Hangars and Buildings Libaries (Dan French again this is his military stuff)
EZ Libaries and EZ Vintage Hangars (available via Cal Classic)
Lonely's Hangars and Buildings Libaries
MAIW Scenery Libary Objects FSX(Military AI Works)
RAF WWII Airfield Building Libraries (Ted Andrews mostly)
RPWG Libraries (look for scenery made by Rob Graham known as RPWG mostly Australian stuff)
RTMM Object Libraries FSXP3D (Misty Moorings Libraries) Like Cal Classic this is an extensive set of library objects for seaplanes and like operations.
RWY 12 Object Libraries for FSXP3D
Ted Andrews RAF Object Libraries

Now these are the flying boat bases and locations in my package:

AFRICA
Victoria Falls Zimbabwe FBBZ
Flying Boats Port Bell UGANDA FBPB
Flying Boats Val Dam South Africa FBVD
FB BIRD ISLAND SOUTH AFRICA FABI
FB CAPE TOWN HARBOUR SOUTH AFRICA FACO
FB DUBAN HARBOUR DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA FADH
FB Port Beira Mozambique FQBH
FB Laurenco Marques Mabuto FQLM
FB Zambesi River Vic Falls FVVF
FB Cape MaClear Lake Malawi FWCA
FB Kisumu Kenya HKKU
FB Dar Es Salam HTDS
FB LIndi Tanzania HTLN
FB Port Bell Kampala Uganda HUPB

AUSTRALIA
Hayman Island QLD YBHY
Grafton Clarence River GRAFTON NSW YFGC
Port Macquarie F/Boat Base YMPH
Rathmines RAAF F/B Base YRLM
Lake Ecumubene Adaminaby NSW YSEU
FB BOWEN HARBOUR BOWEN QLD AUST YBOW
FB BRISBANE RIVER PINKERTON BRISBANE YPBK
FB CAIRNS INLET CAIRNS QLD YCFB
FB DARWIN HARBOUR STOKES WHARF DARWIN YDDH
FB GROOTE ISLAND NT YDGE
FB GLADSTONE WHARF OLD WHARF QLD YGLF
FB KARUMBA NORMANTON RIVER QLD YKAR
FB ROSE BAY SYDNEY NSW AUST YRBY
FB TOWNSVILLE HARBOUR TL QLD YTLM

CANADA

FB Botwood New Foundland Canada CBOT
FB Boucherville Montreal Canada CBOU

FIJI
FB LAUCALA BAY SUVA FIJI NFLB

FRANCE
FB LAKE MARIGNANE MARSEILLE FRANCE LMFB

GREECE
FB PORT PIRAEUS ATHENS GREECE LGFB

INDIA
Imperial Airways Flying-boats- GWAILOR INDIA EAMt
FB ALLAHBAD INDIA VALL
FB HOOGHLI RIVER CALCUTTA INDIA YKAL
FB LAKE RAJSAMAND KANKROLI INDIA YKRA

INDONESIA
Imperial Airways Flying Boats Koh Samui IAKS
FB BIMA HARBOUR SUMBAWA INDONESEA WABM
FB KUPANG-KOEPANG KUPANG INDONESIA WAKP
FB SURABAYA HARBOUR SURABAYA INDONESIA WARF
FB JAKARTA-BATAVIA INDONESIA WIBA
FB KLABAT BAY KLABAT INDONESIA WKAL
FB SUMBA ISLAND WAINGAPU INDONESIA WSUM

ITALY
Flying Boats Sicily ITALY FBSI
FB BRINDISI HARBOUR BRINDISI ITALY LIBI
FB LAKE BRACCIANO ITALY ROME LBCO

KIRIBATI
FB SOUTH TARAWA BETIO KIRIBATI NGFB
FB CLIPPER BASE CANTON IS KIRIBATI PCIF

MALTA
FB RAF KALFRANA MALTA LMKA

MIDDLE EAST
Flying Boats Khartoum EGYPT FKBM
FB RAF Karasfeet Fanara Egypt HEIW
FB Winter Palace River Nile Luxor HLUX
FB TIBERIUS GALLILLEE ISRAEL LTIB
FB MANAMAR BAY BAHRAIN OBMA
FB DUBAI CREEK DUBAI OMDC
FB BASRA IRAQ ORBA
FB LAKE HABBINYUAH IRAQ ORHA

MYANMAR (BURMA)
FB YANGON-RANGOON MYNAMAR VYFB
FB SITTKE-AKYAB MYANMAR VYSF

NEW ZEALAND
FB AITUTAKI LAGOON COOK ISLANDS NCAA
FB CHATHAM ISLANDS NCAT
FB EVANS BAY WELLINGTON NZ NEVB
FB MECHANICS BAY AUCKLAND NMEB

PAKISTAN
FB Korangi Creek PAKISTAN EAMR
FB JIWANI PAKSTAN OJIW
FB RAF KORANGI CREEK KARACHI PAKISTAN OPKA

PNG
FB Queen Carola Harbour ABUK
FB Ella Beach Port Moresby AELA
FB Esa Ala PNG AESA
FB Fairfax Harbour Port Moresby PNG AFFH
FB Inus Island PNG AINU
FB Jacquinot Harbour PNG AJAQ
FB Old Kieta Township Solomons AKIE
FB Kikori River PNG AKIK
FB Lindenhafen Harbour PNG ALIN
FB Moewe Harbour PNG AMOE
FB Talasea PNG ATAL
FB Karmeema PNG AYKE
FB Lake Kutubu PNG AYKU
FB Rabaul Harbour PNG AYRB
FB Yule Island PNG AYUL
FB Wana PNG AYWA

PORTUGAL
FB FUNCHAL BAY MADEIRA ISLAND PORTUGAL LPFU

SAMOA
FB APIA HARBOUR SAMOA NSAH

SINGAPORE
FB KALANGI CREEK SINGAPORE CITY WKSA
FB RAF SELETAR SINGAPORE WSSE

SOLOMON ISLANDS
FB Buin Solomon Islands ABUI

TAHITI
Tahiti F/Boat Base TAHITI NTPH
FB PAPEETE HARBOUR TAHITI NTFB

THAILAND
FB BANGKOK OLD CITY CENTRE THAILAND VFTB
FB Kablut Bay

TONGA
FB NUKUALOFA HARBOUR TONGA NFNU

UNITED KINGDOM
FB RAF CALSHOT UK ECAL
FB BASE STOP SHANNON IRELAND EINF
FB RAF Main Base Kerrera Is Oban UK EOBA
FB RAF OBAN Maintenance Base EOBB
FB SOUTHHAMPTON DOCKS UK ESOU
FB PORT STANLEY FALKLAND ISLANDS SFPS
FB SOUTH GEORGIA ANTARTICA SFSG
FB DARYLS ISLAND BERMUDA TXDI
FB Kalfrana - Malta

USA
FB PORT WASHINTON NY USA KPOW
FB TREASURE ISLAND PAN AM SFO USA KSTI
FB PEARL CITY PENINSULA HONOLULU USA PHPC
FB MIDWAY ISLAND USA PMDY/PMFP
FB WAKE ISLAND USA PWAK

I have a few more in the works, such as Shorts on the Rivery Medway, Foynes instead of Shannon in Ireland, the old WW2 Sea Plane base at Reykyavik in Iceland, Baltimore Harbour and Miami in the US, a couple in South America, etc. Never got one done for Hong Kong as they build Kai Tak over the bay there where the Flying Boats used to be!

This all started in FSX because all the stuff about was for MS2004 which was no good with ORBX and FSX and even so with P3D because they changed the cartagraphical way the world is represented between the sims.

This was a labour of love in many aspects as there was about 2 years work in researching the exact locations and chasing down photographs from the era but no matter if your going to fly the B314, the S23 or the PBY or Sikorsky S42 or whatever takes your fancy, this is my small contribution to the sim community. AND if your into flying boats and amphibians then this fixes up the world for that type of sim flying. It was self indulgence for me and I merely decided to share it.

If you want to add to the authenticity of the flying boats across the Atlantic (South and North) then the weather ships and floating navaids available via Cal Classic also work ok in P3D as well.

A small final point, lots of places are pretty sparse, you might get a jetty or a shed and some fuel drums but that is the way it was too. The aeroplanes were worked on on the water and major maintenance facilities with haul out for beaching and overhaul where effectively only about one per country.

Leave you to it!

Obviously I shouldn’t post so close to bed time!
I totally missed that you already had this in the library for download!
I have a lot of those libraries already, shouldn’t be too hard to get the rest!
Thanks for your efforts BendyFlyer!

Happy to contribute. The Pilots B314 is probably the best flying boat for the sim that has come out in a long time. George Diemers Sikorsky's were superb as well and port across into P3D without any problems as well.

I have collected a lot of other odds and ends scenery wise for amphibian and flying boats including some Russian Flying Boat bases when I get a chance I will post a list of some other sceneries that go well or were aimed at aeroplanes that float!.

Back