• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Beta test Fokker D.16

Cees Donker

SOH-CM-2024
Anyone willing to beta-test my Fokker D.16? It has three models. A readme is included. If so, pm me.

Cees

You'll get a mention in the readme!:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Last edited:
I can recommend it.....

qKPmGU8.jpg

F77gmjC.jpg

uKDrwZM.jpg

Cheers,
Huub

And when you think it looks a bit odd with this huge three bladed propeller, you are absolutely right as it did................

vFEK1Fd.jpg

The early version............

nMhjbh6.jpg

And the final version (my favourite)........

bQ5wOrn.jpg

(All pictures from the Dutch National Institute Military History)

Cheers,
Huub

I'll include the 'paintkit'!

:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Cees

Seeing this last shot of the 277 I wonder if I icluded enough shine in the model?

Seeing this last shot of the 277 I wonder if I included enough shine in the model?

That was exactly what I thought as well. But studying the pictures at NIMH from the various aircraft (not just the D.16), I think there is quite a difference between factory fresh aircraft and the ones which are in use for some time.

7JGiLO5.jpg

Obviously factory fresh when you see how clean the engine and the exhaust are.....

Cheers,
Huub

Personally I don't think the glass is an improvement. The gloss is perhaps nice, but the opaque effect makes the gauges more difficult to read.

Cheers,
Huub

Personally I don't think the glass is an improvement. The gloss is perhaps nice, but the opaque effect makes the gauges more difficult to read.

Cheers,
Huub

You're right. I've been fidling with the alpha channel to reduce the opaque effect. I'll get back at it when I'm ready.

Cees

Cheers,
Huub

Ditto. I added a gauge_glass texture to see how it looked and had similar results. Adjusting the alpha can improve it but it is more readable without it.

The gloss of the glass dissappears when I add shine to the bezels in ModelconverterX, so I have spent a few hours on a raod leading nowhere. Call it a learning process....:biggrin-new::biggrin-new::biggrin-new:

Cees

Back