• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Can I run Prepar3d v 5?

arrowmaker

SOH-CM-2024
I've been using v 4.5 for a number of years now but after purchasing a mini PC, last year, have been wondering if I would be able to run v 5?

My new machines specs are:

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz

NVIDEA Geforce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU

32GB RAM

No powerhouse, to be sure, but pretty decent for a mini PC. Obviously I don't wish to upgrade if my machines not up to the task.

Any advice appreciated.

I've been using v 4.5 for a number of years now but after purchasing a mini PC, last year, have been wondering if I would be able to run v 5?

My new machines specs are:

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz

NVIDEA Geforce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU

32GB RAM

No powerhouse, to be sure, but pretty decent for a mini PC. Obviously I don't wish to upgrade if my machines not up to the task.

Any advice appreciated.
That should run it no problem

I run it maxed out in VR on a 9th gen i9 9900K and a 2080ti and it runs great so your system will be fine

The i7-11800H has a base Frequency of 2.30 GHz but its max boost Frequency under load is 4.60 GHz
You should only ever see the base Frequency when your system is idle, when your doing anything intensive like flying it will automatically boost higher as needed.

I'm still on the fence if I'm going to get P3Dv5 I currently have P3Dv4 and don't know if it would be worth switching over to P3Dv5.

I think it depends on how much you have done to your v4.5 for scenery enhancements and whatnot. Because that's really the only difference I believe between v4 and v5. Personally, having so many scenery enhancements in v4.5 myself. I didn't feel the need to upgrade to 5. As to me there seemed like very little difference. But that's just personal choice. If I was going to jump platforms it would probably be from 4 to 6. But if you have a vanilla install basically in terms of that in v4.5, then maybe it's worth that base upgrade to you.

Personal choice.. I'm on v4.5 & have tried v5.
I preferred the colors of v4.5, I did compare screen shots that I took of each. I found that v5 colors were not as good, especially greens of grass & other stuff.
Also, I found a lot of aircraft compatibilities with FSX, and v5, I found, was far more fussy. So, I'm sticking with v4.5.

Back