• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Can't start all engines or fold blades in Nemeth CH-53

crushnik

Members +
I enjoy flying the Super Stallion that came with the sim and have read my manuals, but I wonder if some of the chopper's functionality was lost in version 5.4. I can start some engines some time, but not all of them using the procedure from the startup manual. Also I can fold the tail pylon but cannot get the rotors to fold. Has anyone had any success?

I had this issue on the v4.5 version. Not sure why it does this, but I've even run the correct startup procedures and it still not work. I've instead opted to use the "quick start" assist that was put on one of the overhead panels in one of the popup windows. Not sure you can access it through the VC itself it's been a while since I looked to know for sure. It will quickstart the CH-53 if it wont start up. Not sure why the rotor fold isn't working though.

The auto start feature doesn't work either. But now I wonder if it's because I mess up the procedure by trying to start the normal way before pushing the easy button. I imagine the rotor folding and engine issues are because I am using an aircraft built for a different sim nearly 20 years ago.

I'll check on this, but months ago flying in P3Dv5.3, I had to switch to another helo (after loading the default F-35 flt) before loading in the H-53 for the start to work. Didn't test blade-fold.

It very well might be. I've also had this. I've hit shift+s to shut the whole thing down and did refresh simobject in order to get the quick start to work.

Thanks for the suggestions. It's obscure but I was hoping to record a video and the animations add a nice touch.

It's been quite a while so I don't remember very well, however in my P3Dv4 I could get that helicopter to perform cold&dark startups.

The main issue was always to start the three engines... or I think it was the engine. On the overhead panel, right above your head. There were three levers or something, with three corresponding gauges... And there were no sounds for these actions. Also, it depended how you clicked, which moment... I remember the checklist couldn't be exactly followed and I had to check some youtube video...

Back