• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Classic airports before 1945

michaelvader

Members +
Hallo friends,,
for "classic flying" in the aera before 1945 I miss some airports closed today but which was important civil airports before and a bit alos in the war taime.
If someone will be interested to bring them back alive I will furnish a lot of docs.
For the moment I am most interested in Berlin Staaken and Cologne Butzweilerhof (which has nothing to do with Cologne-Bonn.
It would be fine to get for FS2004 some of the forgotten airports back tu us
Best regards
Michael Vader

Attachments

• Cologne Butzweilerhof.zip
    498.4 KB · Views: 1
Hi Robin,
as sadly I have any knowledge about scenery making I hope that some of those who know would pick up the challenge
to enrich Silver/ Golden / Platinum Wings.
There have been almost done three of the historic british airfields and for france the historic airport of Le Bourget exists -
but for germany I do not know any historic airport done apart different versions of Berlin Tempelhof.
Doing flights using the am radiostations Jorge has almost published will be a real alternative as to fly with gps and fmc.
Best Regards
Michael Vader

Hi Michael,
I have my 'normal' install, as well as Jorge's PW, what I'm adding suitable (for me) scenery, such as that Poland (1930), Ford Tri-Motor scenery, and other scenery that sort of fits the Golden/Platinum aera, with a touch of Silver wings as well, with suitable low & slow aircraft.
That is the beauty of FS2004, we can make whatever we want with it.

...There have been almost done three of the historic british airfields and for france the historic airport of Le Bourget exists -
but for germany I do not know any historic airport done apart different versions of Berlin Tempelhof.
Doing flights using the am radiostations Jorge has almost published will be a real alternative as to fly with gps and fmc.
Best Regards
Michael Vader
Hallo Michael,

Have you checked Calclassic.com under scenery http://calclassic.com/scenery.htm

Anyhow, to at least enrich your silver wings Europe, why not try the airport releases, released by Wolfgang Gersch, Mike Stevens and team, for it may well be what you are looking for...

and for France, in addition to Bourget, there is also available (at flightsim, avsim f/l), for your silver wings install: Lyon, Nice, Orly, Bordeaux, Grenoble, and Chambery...

cheers!
wb

Good morning friends
thanks for your advices
They are almost in service on my sim LOL
I have focalized a bit on older german airports that have disapeared completly today as I' m
working on some german civil aircraft. Especialy those from Hauke Keitel who needs new cockpits.
What I thought in the beginning as a quick task did show much more finaly.
Wonder what has become Hauke Keitel as he has done a civil version of the Junkers Ju 86, but never published it as far
as I know
Luckily Jorge works with me. As we do not work for money we take our time to make the outcome as well
as possible.
I hope that some one will be willing to do the missing german airports used before 1945. As most where closed after a short use post war
by the allied forces. And in germany the past things - no need of any commentary.
Best regards
Michael

Back