• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

CS C-130 package

Brian_Gladden

SOH-CM-2023
Has anyone been able to trick the Captain Sim C-130 package installer to work with P3d version 3? I bought the package but can't install it

Do you have FSX installed? If so install it to that and copy it over.

If not you could try making a dummy FSX folder some ware on you hard drive, copy your P3D.exe to it and rename it to FSX.exe
Download the FSX-Registry-Utility from https://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Registry-Tweak/FSX-Registry-Utility.shtml
run it and point it to the dummy FSX.exe

Now try installing to the dummy FSX folder and coping it over to P3D from there.

Welp. that didn't work...

I've fooled installers a few times by simply making a copy of the P3D.exe and renaming the copied .exe as FSX.exe so an installer can find it. The file structure is exactly the same as FSX. So most installers just look for the FSX.exe. That likely will make it install.

Not sure if it helps here.

But in my case, I have a proper FSX installation on an external harddrive. Within, I have tons of FSX aircraft (CS-C-130 Hercules as well...) which work great in P3D also.
Only thing I had to do is to change some entries inside some of my files in (harddrive C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v*) folder:

Here my additional entries (use your path of your corresponding place of your existing FSX):

in simobjects.cfg

[Entry.10] (numbers may vary depending on your last entry inside your file)
PATH=E:\FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes
TITLE=FSX Default Aircraft
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.11] (numbers may vary depending on your last entry inside your file)
PATH=E:\FSX\Simobjects\Rotorcraft
TITLE=FSX Default Helicopter
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true
[Entry.12]
PATH=E:\FSX\Simobjects\Boats
TITLE=FSX Default Ships
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

in effects.cfg

[Entry.1] (numbers may vary depending on your last entry inside your file)
PATH=E:\FSX\Effects
TITLE=FSX Default Effects
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

in gauges.cfg

[Entry.1] (numbers may vary depending on your last entry inside your file)
PATH=E:\FSX\Gauges
TITLE=FSX Default Aircraft Gauges
ACTIVE=true
REQUIRED=true

That way, you can use your beloved aircraft from FSX and all gems you also want to install inside FSX also in your P3D. These entries lead your P3D where to find your FSX aircraft (especially the C-130 in this case) and usually let fly in your P3D version.

Last edited:
Okay, not much feed inside your responses (I have v3 - welp, that didn't work - nope).
So on the one hand, I know it is possible to get it to work, on the other hand, I would appreciate a little more feedback for example what you did try in the meantime or something about your installation.
But it's on you....

I still stand by my copying of the P3D.exe file and renaming the copy "FSX.exe" since most of the installers that look for FSX see it and allow you to flat out install it since the file structures are identical to FSX. Granted it doesn't always work, but most of the installation programs I've used it for will work with this little mod. No needing to mess with registries, or any other special tools. Just do the copy, paste, rename the copied exe and run the installer(s).

I still stand by my copying of the P3D.exe file and renaming the copy "FSX.exe" since most of the installers that look for FSX see it and allow you to flat out install it since the file structures are identical to FSX. Granted it doesn't always work, but most of the installation programs I've used it for will work with this little mod. No needing to mess with registries, or any other special tools. Just do the copy, paste, rename the copied exe and run the installer(s).
I agree, this process works for me.

Okay, not much feed inside your responses (I have v3 - welp, that didn't work - nope).
So on the one hand, I know it is possible to get it to work, on the other hand, I would appreciate a little more feedback for example what you did try in the meantime or something about your installation.
But it's on you....
I ran P3Dv3 for many years and it ran fine but with the use of the tool I mentioned earlier (Estonia Migration tool).

Estonia Migration Tool is what you need.

Sorry for the delayed response. I was hesitant to try this as I'd never heard of it before and since it's payware, I had to wait until I had some spare cash (Currently on a fixed income)

That said, WORKED LIKE A CHARM!!! Got the CS 130 installed perfectly. I have to keep the tool active to run ACE but that's no Biggie.

Thank you

Back