• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

David Molyneaux models for P3D

gavinc

SOH-CM-2022
Is anyone interested in some of Dave Molyneauxs FS9 models for P3D (and some for FSX as well)?

I have been converting some for my own use and Dave has graciously allowed me to release them if there is any interest.

So far I have converted the following
Auster Arrow
Auster Arrow.jpg
Taylorcraft Model Plus C
Tailorcraft Plus C.jpg
DH83 Fox Moth
Fox Moth.jpg
Heston Phoenix
Heston Phoenix.jpg
Airspeed Courier
Airspeed Envoy
Airspeed Envoy MK3
Avro Avian
DH84 Dragon
DH 84 Dragon.jpg
Gloster Gladiator
Gladiator.jpg
Short Scion

I am currently working my way thru his fabulous Auster series.

Gavin

Most definitely I would be interested, in recent days I have been coming back to P3D5 as it works so well, and so many aircraft are missing from that other product.

First release

Hi,
I need to start cleaning up my conversions and making them available.

I just uploaded the Auster Arrow. It is an FSX native conversion that has been tested in P3D V4.5. When it is available I would appreciate it if someone with P3D V5 could confirm whether it works or whether I need to release a P3D native version as well.

Over the next few weeks (as time permits) I will clean up the conversions I have done so far and release them.

Gavin

Requests

BTW - requests for other conversions of Daves masterpieces will be considered.

I am working thru the Austers but can be distracted :wiggle:

Gavin

There's a small issue in P3Dv5.2 with the item inside the yellow oval -- as shown:

Apart from that, it looks good.

Dave

Attachments

• 2021-10-6_17-41-40-801.jpg
    2021-10-6_17-41-40-801.jpg
    290.3 KB · Views: 332
There's a small issue in P3Dv5.2 with the item inside the yellow oval -- as shown:

Apart from that, it looks good.

Dave

Thanks Dave, it looks fine in P3Dv4.5
Arrow gauge.jpg

Can you try the attached P3D v4.5 native VC and gauges file.

Thanks
Gavin

Attachments

• Auster_Arrow VC P3D.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
Nearly there. There's a gap between the aircraft frame and the starboard door - as shown.

Dave

Attachments

• 2021-10-8_11-14-7-431.jpg
    2021-10-8_11-14-7-431.jpg
    312.5 KB · Views: 285
Hi,
This is the precision of 3D modeling. Do not count with a model several years old made with the 3D software of the time on a zero default! With what graphic configuration are you testing it? With FS2004, textures where 1024*1024 max.
JMC

Hi,
I went back to look at the model in FS9 and the gap is unfortunately part of the original model. It may be a bit more obvious in the higher resolutions of P3D but it is baked into the model. Not much I can do about it I'm afraid.

Gavin

A lot of the old aircraft in RL never had great seals with doors anyway you have done a great job on these old girls thanks

Gavin, thanks so much for converting all of David's models. I remember when he released them from when he was working on them on https://cbfsim.co.uk/cbfs_bb/index.php and was disappointed he was making them as FS9 models as I had already moved on to P3Dv4.

For those who complain about doors that don't fit or any other bugs, remember these are conversion of FS9 freeware models, we should not expect Gavin to fix issues that existed in the original models.

Thanks to everyone for their comments.
Constructive suggestions are always welcome.

I have uploaded most of the models that I have already converted, just have the Auster Mk1 & Mk3 to upload and the Short Scion to finish updating.

There is a problem with how the Heston Phoenix VC is displaying in FSX & P3D, some of the knobs don't get presented correctly. I have tried adjusting the Z-bias of the VC textures as well as manipulating the transparency layers but no success.
Phoenix VC.jpg

Until (and if) I get this issue sorted I won't be releasing the Phoenix.

Gavin

More Austers

Just uploaded the Auster Mk1 and Mk3 to the library.

Should be there when the librarians have a chance to do their magic

Gavin

Back