• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

DOF Reality H3

John, Mark @SimHanger has a recent review of DOF
. Overkill Simulations also a review.....
. Several reviews on YT. Looks like fun, if you have the room (and the Boss that will allow it ) ;)

I have seen the SimHanger video, but not Overkill's. My concerns have to do with the reliability over time. I am hoping to find actual users who have the system and get their opinions. Ideally, someone with whom I can visit and see it first hand.

They might be better for racing, but what I see at the first part of the top video is not what you would feel with coordinated turns. The gravity your butt feels should remain straight during a correctly executed turn.

They might be better for racing, but what I see at the first part of the top video is not what you would feel with coordinated turns. The gravity your butt feels should remain straight during a correctly executed turn.

Exactly! Never have I been leaning sideways during a coordinated turn IRL.

LouP

The idea with motion sims, as I understand it, is to fool the brain into believing you are moving. You don't need a 1:1 ratio of movement.

Granted hanging in the straps is unrealistic, unless you are upside down. :) A sense of movement combined with a VR headset, I think will go a long way in simulating being in a RW airplane.

I plan on doing my research before laying down $3500-4000. It is the next step for me in the ultimate simulator. I don't plan on buying, provided that I do, until after the first of next year. I still want to rplace my Polish rudder pedals with a set of Wingwin rudder pedals, and I want to upgrade my GPU this year. I have already spoken to my wife about putting this into next years budget.

I saw a video advertising a "big boy" simulator used for the airlines. The way they got around this coordinated turn issue was to at first tilt the simulator to get the feeling of initiating a turn but then level it out as you were in the turn letting gravity replicate the feeling of centrifugal force. I thought it was a very ingenious way to simulate an actual coordinated turn. I don't think it would be hard to duplicate this in a motion simulator for the sim crowd and would be waiting for something along those lines if I were in the market for one myself. A good turn in an airplane just doesn't feel like you're in a race car speeding around a corner.

I saw a video advertising a "big boy" simulator used for the airlines. The way they got around this coordinated turn issue was to at first tilt the simulator to get the feeling of initiating a turn but then level it out as you were in the turn letting gravity replicate the feeling of centrifugal force. I thought it was a very ingenious way to simulate an actual coordinated turn. I don't think it would be hard to duplicate this in a motion simulator for the sim crowd and would be waiting for something along those lines if I were in the market for one myself. A good turn in an airplane just doesn't feel like you're in a race car speeding around a corner.
The H3 has a Yaw axis. This will tell you if the turn is coordinated. It will also allow you to Slip the airplane. The tilt axis is only 20 degrees. So, if you are wearing a seat belt, you shouldn't experience the hanging in the straps’ phenomenon.

I'd have to try one. But from my limited experience flying actual aircraft, the "feel" isn't going to be replicated without actual forward motion. Not to mention no G forces.

That said, I did get a chance to fly a full-motion 737 sim many years ago, and the motion did add to the experience. Especially when my editor-in-chief bounced that thing all over the runway...

Well, I got the green light from my boss, er I mean my wife, to get a H3 DOF. Am in no hurry though. Will also wait until at least the holidays. Will need to get a monitor bracket for it for my 34" MSI monitor. Kinda excited, but have a lot of researching to do. NC

Well, I got the green light from my boss, er I mean my wife, to get a H3 DOF. Am in no hurry though. Will also wait until at least the holidays. Will need to get a monitor bracket for it for my 34" MSI monitor. Kinda excited, but have a lot of researching to do. NC
Outstanding! maybe we can help each other. One thing on the monitor, all the vids I have watched say to go VR. I plan on keeping my 64" 4K TV on the wall and use it as a monitor until I put the headset on. All my flying is in VR.

Outstanding! maybe we can help each other. One thing on the monitor, all the vids I have watched say to go VR. I plan on keeping my 64" 4K TV on the wall and use it as a monitor until I put the headset on. All my flying is in VR.
I am actually considering the 6 DOF. Just thinking it will be the last huge flight sim expenditure, except for future PC builds, that I will make, so might as well. As for going strictly VR, I am not sure I want to do that, because I get eye strain when I have my Quest 3 on for too long. I think I'll still use a monitor fairly often. NC

I am actually considering the 6 DOF. Just thinking it will be the last huge flight sim expenditure, except for future PC builds, that I will make, so might as well. As for going strictly VR, I am not sure I want to do that, because I get eye strain when I have my Quest 3 on for too long. I think I'll still use a monitor fairly often. NC
The dof6 might be good for you, because of your naval operations. I understand that the dof6 simulates carrier landings and launches very well.

I pulled the switch and ordered the DOF H6 today. Not inexpensive, but I figure at age 71, it is time for me to enjoy whatever I want! NC

I pulled the switch and ordered the DOF H6 today. Not inexpensive, but I figure at age 71, it is time for me to enjoy whatever I want! NC
Sorry for the delay in posting this. I was out of town and had issues getting on the internet. Congratulations on your purchase. Please, let me know how it goes. I am very interested in your experience.

Hey John,
I am in the waiting phase. Don't expect to receive it for at least two to three more weeks. In the meantime, I have ordered/received a lot of bolts, nuts and other stuff to.do some suggested mods from YouTube videos I have been watching. One mod suggests adding pieces of 1/16 rubber sheeting between attachment joints to minimize any sound. Reasonable enough. If you go to YouTube, look for videos by Get Your Game On. Pete

Hey John,
I am in the waiting phase. Don't expect to receive it for at least two to three more weeks. In the meantime, I have ordered/received a lot of bolts, nuts and other stuff to.do some suggested mods from YouTube videos I have been watching. One mod suggests adding pieces of 1/16 rubber sheeting between attachment joints to minimize any sound. Reasonable enough. If you go to YouTube, look for videos by Get Your Game On. Pete
Thanks Chief, I will look into videos on mods. I have been toying around with some ideas on welding aluminum tubing into mounts for some of my controllers. I did see where someone suggested that to be sure and balance out any added atachments, so any added mounts will be spread to both sides.

Thanks Chief, I will look into videos on mods. I have been toying around with some ideas on welding aluminum tubing into mounts for some of my controllers. I did see where someone suggested that to be sure and balance out any added atachments, so any added mounts will be spread to both sides.
Yes, I need to look more.I to the balancing thing. What I did yesterday was determining the electricity requirements for.the H6 vs what my breakers are for my office, etc. They advise NOT to plug in both black boxes into one receptacle, to prevent tripping breakers. My office power is.on one 15amp circuit, but my office shares a.wall with my dining room which is on a 20 amp breaker. So I plan on installing a new outlet in that shared wall and tie into a.receptacle on the other side.

Yes, I need to look more.I to the balancing thing. What I did yesterday was determining the electricity requirements for.the H6 vs what my breakers are for my office, etc. They advise NOT to plug in both black boxes into one receptacle, to prevent tripping breakers. My office power is.on one 15amp circuit, but my office shares a.wall with my dining room which is on a 20 amp breaker. So I plan on installing a new outlet in that shared wall and tie into a.receptacle on the other side.
A few years ago, we upgraded our electric box. I installed a separate 15 am breaker and line dedicated to the simulator. I see you joined the Discord group.

Making progress. Received notice that the H6 has been shipped. No date yet on projected arrival from Poland. NC

Back