• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Eagle Field V2 AI

MZee1960

SOH-CM-2023
Happy Holidays, everyone !

I just downloaded Ed's Eagle Field V2 from our library : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/118270-Eagle_Field_V2-zip

For some reason I cannot get the AI Stearmans to work. Anyone else having no AI traffic ?
There is a Strearman traffic file in the scenery folder - I copied it to FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery folder and both FSX traffic (airline and GA) sliders at 100%.
I probably missed something somewhere ?

Cheers,
Milan ....
DLAyXbR.png

AI Tail Dragger Fix...

in the section [weight_and_balance] you must change the value of the entry empty_weight_yaw_MOI a bit.

You must multiply the existing original value by three
and then use the result as a new entry.

For example the AI C185...
original entry
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 2131

2131 x 3 = 6393

new entry
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 6393

AI Tail Dragger Fix...

in the section [weight_and_balance] you must change the value of the entry empty_weight_yaw_MOI a bit.

You must multiply the existing original value by three
and then use the result as a new entry.

For example the AI C185...
original entry
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 2131

2131 x 3 = 6393

new entry
empty_weight_yaw_MOI = 6393

Thank-you, Ed.

I found another post here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...-Eagle-Field-AI-Traffic?highlight=Eagle Field

I checked the AI config and the values were already set as you describe above.
I have 7 AI Stearmans on the ground, but none ever take off or even move on the ground.
FSX traffic sliders (GA and airline) both set to 100%.
I only see my UT2 aircraft in the area, but these are not controlled by the FSX sliders - rather by the UT2 interface outside of FSX.
All I did was move the 'Traffic_Stearman.bgl' file to FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery folder and added the Eagle Field folder to my Addon Scenery folder and activated it in FSX, as I always did before for other scenery packs.
Everything else works and the scenery is very nice.
I'm just happy to see some aircraft parked on the field to give it that 'lived-in look'.

Cheers,
Milan .....

Update..........

I re-installed the Eagle Field V2 Scenery and moved the traffic file to the FSX/World/Scenery folder, and a few moments later ...... managed to catch up to 'Fast Eddie'. All is OK now. :encouragement:

3TWwPg6.png

dNiZDhk.png

Ed, I removed the orange traffic cones in this scenery as per attached manual. To me, the airfield looks more 'natural' .

Is it possible to also remove them from the new Miller's Field version somehow ?

Just wondering,
Milan .......

Thanks, Ed. Lots of fun flying this field, for sure, alongside the AI birds.
This field is all grass and I have it as such also.

Remember KCRS here : http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...earman-Haven?p=1216840&viewfull=1#post1216840 ?
Still a puzzle to me why KCRS and not others ? (no duplicate airports, Orbx staff have no ideas, nor does REX Essentials staff).
At least the asphalt runways fit into the KCRS scenery very well, and look like they were meant to be there from the start. Love flying in and out of this field, as well.

Cheers,
Milan .....

This one kicked me to the curb...never got the AI working in spite of my best efforts. I'm probably operating a bit above my level of competance. While on the subject of Stearmans, is there somethimg more on the quality of Ant's Airplanes Tiger Moth available for the Stearman?

Thanks to your help, I have the AI for Eagle Field working, at last. I was able to confirm an AI Stearman in the air by flying in the area and turning on the AI labels. I had to get within about 1/10th mile to actually see the plane. Thanks for the suggestions and especialy to Ed for reviving this scenery.

Forgot all about this one !

Hope to soon revisit Eagle Field and fly the freeware GAS Stearman accompanied by Fast Eddie and the Stearman AI stationed there.

Right now ...... off to do some fall raking of leaves ! :dread:

Back