• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Eleven Curtiss Jenny Liveries released

GarryJSmith

Charter Member
Hi Good People,

Over on the Ford Tri-Motor Project Curtiss Jenny page eleven more great repaints have been released.

2 Damaged Livery versions:
2-Jennys.jpg

3 Alternatives for the Ambulance - US Army, US Navy and Canadian:
3-Jennys.jpg

6 General Aviation Liveries:
6-Jennys.jpg

All of the new releases are highlighted with a moving red NEW banner.

There are some very exciting liveries in this batch release - the Circus one being the Loudest.
Circus.jpg

Only 2 liveries now in reserve - the Halloween and the Christmas repaints - we will release them a little closer to the Event Dates and publish them on the AVSIM.com, FlightSim.com, Simviation.com and Sim-outhouse.com sites as well.

Where do you get these great repaint - at the Ford Tri-Motor Project site of course.
http://www.ford-tri-motor.net - go to the Other Aircraft page and follow the graphical links to the Curtiss Jenny.

Regards to all
Garry and Edward
Your Ford Project Team.

Thanks a lot Garry! I'll be needing a new HD soon just to store all these lovely paints! How do you do it???

Take care and best wishes!:ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004::ernaehrung004:
Sascha

My System

Hi Mate,

Big question mate - and a big answer :dizzy:

Over the years my system has changed and grown to meet the every expanding needs of the services I provide. Below is not a brag factor but simply a system growing to meed the needs that I want it to do.......

I have 7 hard drives (three external) which are partitioned into 12 independant drives - and 4 high speed removable disk ports. Plus a plethora of demountable drives I use for archiving.

My principle work area for flight simming is done on 3 of those partions - C: Drive 1TB- where operating system and Flight Sim programs are resident - H: Drive 2TB of work area for aircraft repainting (divided into two areas (FSX and FS2004)) and S: 2TB drive for scenery development - basically 5 TB's dedicated to development and testing of the Sim stuff I do.

Q: Drive is for all of the web work that I do, gjsmith.com, gjsmith.net, gjsmith.org, ford-tri-motor.net, Milton Shupes repository site and Mike Stone's repository site and a handful of other web sites I thinker with for myself and other organisation. Also holds my Catalog system for all of the archive stuff I store - allows me access to stuff backed up since 2002.

D: and E: drives are all of my graphic tools and storage of my everygrowing reference material

I: and J: drives are for my 3D model building mostly for scenery objects

K: and L: drives are for misc project that I do for other flight sim projects

F: Drive - syncronised backup of all of my critical directories

G: Drive - DVD/CD

R: Drive hold a daily syncronised mirror of both the C: and Q: drives (stuff that I cannot live without if I have a system crash) - basically hot spares for replacement of Boot and support drives.

I work with 2 big video cards that proved me, via HDMI cables, three 24in Monitors and a 55in 3D TV which I use as a TV and a Test Monitor for simming. Flight Sim used in 2Dto3D conversion mode is great fun on the big screen and allows a comprehensive examination of my work.

M: N: O: P: Drives are for high speed external drives for mounting and archiving all of my work - Mount them up every now and again and fire up a massive backup sweep to all working drives - then go out for the day :biggrin-new:

In a nutshell mate - plenty of work room to tinker - and in case of fire I only need to grab 4 drives and bold out the door - maybe loose a couple of days work but can rebuild everything from those 4 drives - arduous duty but not anywhere near as bad as loosing it all.

All running on a system that has more than enough grunt to cater to my needs.

Wow, now that's what I call a professional setup! What will be your next project?

Cheers,
Sascha

Hi Mate,

Next is to get the new DC3 and Vicker Vimy repaints (28 in total) organised and released via the Ford Site.

Then I think we will be back into some scenery stuff for China or more for the Project India great route England to Australia.

Regards

Back