• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

engine vs atc volume

Brian_Gladden

SOH-CM-2023
Hey all. I've got a slightly annoying sound issue I'm working with. I'm running V3 on my new system and when I get an atc message, the engine volume drops big time and then comes back eventually after the atc window closes. I've never encountered this before in my previous V3 install on the old system or in any of the ATC equipped sims (FS2002 and up...)

I assume you have probably Realtec sound - so unfortunately with a new update of WIN 10 this issue started. I have Realtec sound too and Windows destroyed my Realtec Audio Manager. But this is needed to change the sound sources to get back the correct sound adjustment inside the sim.
Instead of my Audio Manager, Windows forced me on using its odd Realtec Audio Console which only worked once at the first installing of the latest Realtec Audio Driver. After this, Audio Console did not work anymore.

You have the choice between dozens of drivers -best trial is to use the original sound driver of your motherboard. Only a reinstall of your sound driver may solve the problem....Good luck!

Hey all. I've got a slightly annoying sound issue I'm working with. I'm running V3 on my new system and when I get an atc message, the engine volume drops big time and then comes back eventually after the atc window closes. I've never encountered this before in my previous V3 install on the old system or in any of the ATC equipped sims (FS2002 and up...)

Decrease engine sound to 60% in the sim. Open W10 control panel, next Hardware and Sound, next Communication tab, tick Do Nothing. Restart PC.

I have developed the same problem but now different - noted the sound volume issue but now it is splitting the ATC and other sounds between headphones and speakers, so if I plug in headphones I get engine, environment aircraft sounds through the headphones but ATC comes up on the speakers. Not sure where to resolve this as Win10 offers about 3 to 4 sound controllers (NVIDIA, RealTek and the Speaker system plugged in). Seems to confuse stereo sound with the hardware inputs/outputs etc.

On that issue ATC, I am about to ditch the use of ATC anyway, always dubious in FSX now stupid and worse P3D (very slow to respond to flight paths weird heading and paths to various points etc but completely erratic and over the top with frequency changes every 30 secs sometimes) how about recent vector onto a visual final that kept you at 10,000 ft at 5nm from final? Might work out in an F35 but in an old 4 engine piston ah nuh not without a 4000 fpm ROD to get to the threshold. But I digress.

I have developed the same problem but now different - noted the sound volume issue but now it is splitting the ATC and other sounds between headphones and speakers, so if I plug in headphones I get engine, environment aircraft sounds through the headphones but ATC comes up on the speakers. Not sure where to resolve this as Win10 offers about 3 to 4 sound controllers (NVIDIA, RealTek and the Speaker system plugged in). Seems to confuse stereo sound with the hardware inputs/outputs etc.

On that issue ATC, I am about to ditch the use of ATC anyway, always dubious in FSX now stupid and worse P3D (very slow to respond to flight paths weird heading and paths to various points etc but completely erratic and over the top with frequency changes every 30 secs sometimes) how about recent vector onto a visual final that kept you at 10,000 ft at 5nm from final? Might work out in an F35 but in an old 4 engine piston ah nuh not without a 4000 fpm ROD to get to the threshold. But I digress.

In P3D if you go to the options and choose the sound tab theres three dropdown boxes for "Primary Playback Device", "Voice Playback Device" & "Voice Capture Device".
You can use those to tell it what sounds come from where.
Primary Playback is for the engine sounds etc. and Voice Playback is for the ATC.

Back