• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

F-105F Thunderchief in FSX

harrybasset

Charter Member
Is there a way to have an F-105F in the Alphasim Thunderchief in FSX? I found an F model from OBIO which seems to be for the freeware FS9 F-105 which does not portover very well.

An -F or -G model Thunderchief? I second that!!

And sadly no, there is no double seater Thunderchief in the native FSX Alphasim Thunderchief.

Priller

Hi - there is an FSX native conversion of the old Alphasim F105 (including the "F" model) by D Garnier on Simviation - filename F-105D_Thunderchief_FSX_Native.zip

Which contains sounds made by Butch/Grey Eagle? Now I'm really interested!

Maybe this can be merged with the VC of the native FSX model by Alphasim. :jump:

EDIT: bit disappointed.

Priller

Last edited:
It's on hold while I work on some other things, but I'm about 75% done with a Tacpack conversion of the Alphasim F-105D. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWy74AbMFMo

The main issues that need to be sorted out are:

Getting all of the M117's to release (all other bombs work fine).
Fixing the load-out manager (some of the pods and missiles won't work with it).
Adding the AA missile rails to the load-out manager.
Correcting the 2d weapons panel Master Arm switch (it's reversed).
Setting the gun elevation.

There are also some more weapons I'd like to add to it as well.

Once complete, it should work for FSX and P3Dv4.x but, since it's payware, it will need to be a "do it yourself" kit. I'll supply the the necessary files..... tacpack.ini, etc... along with the weapons, pylons and textures....but the user will need use McX to merge their model with the parts I made.

It's on hold while I work on some other things, but I'm about 75% done with a Tacpack conversion of the Alphasim F-105D. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWy74AbMFMo

The main issues that need to be sorted out are:

Getting all of the M117's to release (all other bombs work fine).
Fixing the load-out manager (some of the pods and missiles won't work with it).
Adding the AA missile rails to the load-out manager.
Correcting the 2d weapons panel Master Arm switch (it's reversed).
Setting the gun elevation.

There are also some more weapons I'd like to add to it as well.

Once complete, it should work for FSX and P3Dv4.x but, since it's payware, it will need to be a "do it yourself" kit. I'll supply the the necessary files..... tacpack.ini, etc... along with the weapons, pylons and textures....but the user will need use McX to merge their model with the parts I made.
Great video. What ever happened to this project? Was it ever finished? Is the Tacpack Thunderchief available somewhere for download? Which F-105F is recommended? :very_drunk:

I still plan to finish it, but I got hospitalized with bad case of COVID / double pneumonia. Then, to make matters worse, my development hard drive crashed.
Once I get my data sorted out, I plan to get back on it.

Great video. What ever happened to this project? Was it ever finished? Is the Tacpack Thunderchief available somewhere for download? Which F-105F is recommended? :very_drunk:

Back