• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

F7F Tigercat for FSX by Milton Shupe and team

I think the FS2004 F7f by Milton Shupe available at AVSIM grumman_f7f-3_warbirds_v3.zip

was updated to Native FSX by GMan whose files were removed from the SOH library, I think! :dizzy:

Only Repaints

There is no original model at AVSIM I found by search only repaints. Simviation and Flyaway Sim have the Alpha ported for FSX by internet search if you want that one.

When the FS2004 version was completed Milton did then as FSX friendly models.

Although it has been in the hands of a number of people to convert to FSX native I don't know if it ever being completed.

Download the fs2004 version and look for the FSX specific files.

Grumman F7F-3 WIP RTWR Version for FS2004

Whatever happened to Milton & Co.'s original F7F package for FS2004 with the -3, -3N, and -3P versions? I know we're talking FSX here but seems like the original package should be in plain sight for downloading somewhere online.

It is but...

Whatever happened to Milton & Co.'s original F7F package for FS2004 with the -3, -3N, and -3P versions? I know we're talking FSX here but seems like the original package should be in plain sight for downloading somewhere online.

https://www.fs2000.org/2015/10/08/fs2004-grumman-f7f-1-3-3n-series/

Except Perfect Flight claims it will ONLY work in FS9 not FSX, to download Gman's FSX version which we know is been removed. If you want to download and try it I am 99% sure it will not harm the sim but just not work IMHO

https://www.fs2000.org/2015/10/08/fs2004-grumman-f7f-1-3-3n-series/

Except Perfect Flight claims it will ONLY work in FS9 not FSX, to download Gman's FSX version which we know is been removed. If you want to download and try it I am 99% sure it will not harm the sim but just not work IMHO
Thanks, tgycgijoes... I'd be happy just to have that FS9 package but I get "Oops! That page can't be found" when I click on the download button at your link. :banghead:

Update: I just found the package here at SOH. Don't know why it didn't come up on my earlier searches but looks like I'm good to go, at lease for FS9. :encouragement:

No '-p', but the others are here.

If people are interested in a "new" FSX native conversions I am happy to convert the models.

I would need someone with more artistic ability than me (like any) to create bump map and specular textures.

PM me if you would like to help.

Gavin

Personally I think there are many people interested. So if you want and can please do. I won't go over the story with Gordon Madison again, but he said he would make his work available elsewhere. But as we can conclude now this never happened and is unlikely to happen. The fact the FSX version never became available again is of course is a real pity, and although the conversion was his, the original model and many features were of course done by Milton Shupe and many others.

Cheers,
Huub

?? I have several native FSX F7F-3 Tigercat models - single and two seater - in my hangar. Can't I or others just repost them to the Library? Shame to make someone do another conversion if it's unnecessary.

Hello,
-I also confirms having my F7F-1 and 3 natives FSX!
Maybe convert the SOH B-26K, or the Bristol Beaufighter MK1F, modified FS9 by Shessi would also be very appreciated!:jump:

Alain
-

?? I have several native FSX F7F-3 Tigercat models - single and two seater - in my hangar. Can't I or others just repost them to the Library? Shame to make someone do another conversion if it's unnecessary.

I don't think you can repost them if the person who did the conversion asked or demanded that they be removed from the server.

The conversions to native FSX were done by Gordon Madison, who was banned after a conflict. After his ban he demanded that the files he had uploaded would be removed. So the files can not be uploaded again. As this is more or less the only removed file people keep searching, I personally think it is a good idea from Gavinc to convert it again.

Gordon said he would upload all his files and all the work he had announced over the years elsewhere, but so far this has never happened.

Cheers,
Huub

Back