• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FS9 Flight Dynamics vs FSX

jmig

SOH-CM-2024
After reading the recent thread on the Aerosoft A-10 for FS9, I took the plunge and purchased it. (It is on sale and the $ is looking better against the Euro)

I love the way the pilots grunts while pulling Gs and the FS9 texturing stands up well in FSX. One question on the FD.

They seem a little squirrely? Maybe it is my ham-fisted flying? But, while never actually flew the real plane I knew several A-10 pilots. I was once station at a base that had a sister A-10 outfit. I remember them telling me, "Your mother could fly it. It is so stable" I thought the Aerosoft A-10 would be very stable. I haven't found that to be so.

Can flight dynamics for FS9 be that different in FSX? If so, can someone give me a "pilot's" reasoning?

I can tell you from an aero standpoint the A-10 should fly like a dream. It should NOT be squirrelly. It's a gun platform and a bomb delivery truck so it needs inherent stability. The straight, slab wing, thick airfoil, fowler flaps, etc. make it so. Your pilot buddy is right in that the real A-10 is a sweetheart to fly.

There are differences in the way FS9 aircraft perform in FSX. I believe it has to do with coding of the flight dynamics. I've seen some planes that were rock stable in FS9 behave very differently in FSX.

-G-

Are you saying you are using a FS9 aircraft in FSX and it behaves differently in FSX?

I don't know how it behaves in FS9, Alex. I haven't run FS9 in a year. I bought it for FSX.

Fliger747, I will check the turbulence settings. It could have been me. I was ham fisting and yanking and banking. I am still using the CH Products stick. A short JS gives you more movement than you often need.

Yep...I noted the same observation in my A-10 screenie thread. The FDE is most definately off. I was trying out some nap-of-earth flying, rolling inverted on the crest of mountain ridges in order to hug the terrain (as is the Hawg's thang:d) but found the aircraft plunging nose first into the scenery...even with the stick pushed full forward!!:isadizzy:

Panthered........i believe the term is called:costumes:

Back