• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FSNorthwest / Milton's Classic Spartan

doublecool

Charter Member
Roger... :wavey: you posted a screen shot of the FSNorthwest.net release of Milton Shupe's Classic Spartan

[FONT=verdana, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Repaint By Damian Radice [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana, sans-serif][FONT=verdana, sans-serif]Black and yellow livery, "The aristocrat of the Air"

I can get the paint to show but I can't get engine wheels and gear to show but in grey unpainted? :kilroy:

Tried using just paint textures with config file using urs textures as fallback???:redf:
So I tried the complete textures that came with the original paint download and nothing either...:banghead:

So how did ya get it to work :d
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Yep,
That's because Mike placed all those missing parts in a single texture file. I copied and pasted the extras in the repaint files I uploaded here. If you pm me your e.mail I will send you that file.

Roger.

Sorry if I hi-jack this thread :wiggle:

The Spartan was one of my very favorite FS9 planes.. and I'm excited to find a true, FSX version :mixedsmi:

HOWEVER... I'm one of those guys who starts every flight cold and dark.. and i can't get the Spartan to start normally (Ctrl+E works).

Battery on, mixture rich, magnetos both, fuel to full tank....

Crank but no start :banghead:

Am I over-looking something ?

-------

I've tried the obvious.. switching to the C712, and yes, the fuel cut-off knob was out... I pushed it back in and then switched back to the Spartan.. No start ..

Even after a "Ctrl+E" start... and then sut down (doing nothing but pulling the mixture).. it will not re-start EXCEPT via Ctrl+E..

Any ideas ??

Brett,
Under [piston_engine] in the aircraft.cfg
make sure this line appears thus:
normalized_starter_torque=0.35

Works for me:jump:

Roger, Thanks again and the start tip works perfect:applause:

Most likely me but take a look at the paint on the yellow did I do somethin to the back paint:kilroy:

Yeah.. GREAT tip.. (I responded in the other thread too)..

This Spartan is one of the all-time great models, freeware OR payware. It challenges and rewards real piloting skills, and has that "real" aura to it. I'm not familiar witth a real Spartan, so the little things that I've caught, might very well be the same things you gotta deal with in a real one..lol

As a compulsive flight planner, I kinda like that the center-main tank has no gauge. It reminds you to check your fuel before taking off.. and adds to the challenge of in-flight fuel management on long flights.

The only thing I've modified, are the background images for the tach and MP gauge (so they display actual red-lines)... and I've adjusted the rudder deflection (limits in the geometry paragraph, not flight tuning), as it needed just bit too much rudder for properly coordinated turns (but again.. for all I know, the real Spartan behaves that way)...

As for tail-dragger landings.. it REALLY makes fly by the numbers and stabilize the approach, or you'll bounce and have to go around..

All in all... it's truly a pilot's sim-plane.. a MUST have !

Roger, Thanks again and the start tip works perfect:applause:

Most likely me but take a look at the paint on the yellow did I do somethin to the back paint:kilroy:

Looks like it's a little blurry. It is a .dds texture file and perhaps turning it back to .bmp would help on your set-up?

Back