• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FSX and & i7 CPU

H

harleyman

Some very good info here that just may help you with your new i7 X58 st up for smooth FSX performance...

From Nick_ N

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?&showtopic=241915 Note.....You must read thru the entire thread for all the knowledge..The Affanitys set at the top ultimately turn into Affinity=15 in the end.......Just as with socket 775 were..... This is a fast and quick way to limit / loose stutters .... It did on my Quad socket 775 Q9550....

I haven't had a lot of time to do any detailed testing since building my new rig, but the affinity mask did work for me also. Before, I was getting the "microstutters", especially when in spot view and panning around the plane. It does load a lot slower with the hyperthreading turned OFF, I'm planning on testing and monitoring the temps this weekend with it turned ON to see if I can still benefit from the faster load times.

Darrell

Please keep us posted Darrell...

Its new to us all and I don't run the new i7 so am learning as you all go along too.....Thanks.......:wavey:

Back