• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

FSX Steam compatibilities?

clrichey

Members +
Hi, I have a question. Can you tell me whether all of the FSX products from this site can work on FSX Steam Edition? Thank you for your help so much.

Sincerely,
Connor Richey

Connor, I have downloaded lots of FSX planes, ships, and scenery packages from the SOH library and all of them have worked in FSX Steam Edition (as well as the original MS FSX/Acceleration) with no problems. Then again I am still running my sims on Windows 7 HP so I can't say you wouldn't have problems with Windows 10 compatibility but that occurs with some downloads from across the FS community.

Apart from a few minor stability tweaks FSX Steam is identical to FSX Acceleration.
Anything that works in one will work no problem with the other.

As far as I know, all add-on's for FSX will work in FSX Steam Edition. The Steam Edition fixed some bugs in FSX, improved the handling of the limits on memory usage, and updated it so that there was no need for modifying the FSX configuration file.

Connor,

Sometimes the installers don't point at the correct location of FSX, which can normally easily be solved by pointing the installer to the correct location. But that is the only "incompatibility" I have observed so far.

Cheers,
Huub

Back