• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Gliders in FSX

G

GregG

I would like to know if FSX has a real weather system or not. Is it possible to gain altitude near hills, mountains, or find some thermal (what's it called in english?) to climb, like in Real life?

It's been awhile since I've flown the glider tutorial in FSX but I believe the answer to all of your questions is yes. You even have the ability to have a towplane.

Hi folks.

Thermal lift - rising from changes in ground coverage and clouds - is modelled by default in FSX, but ridge and wave lift caused by hills and mountains is only available in missions or if a specific module (ActiveSky X or, I believe, a freeware alternative which I have never used) is also used. You will not find ridge and wave lift in free flight without the modules.

Hope that helps,

Ian P.

As Nils mentioned CumulusX, I would recommend using Sim_Probe as well. It goes hand-in-hand with CumulusX and calculates automatic ridge lift and sink on surrounding terrain. (works quite well with it). I actually use both now whatever I fly in FSX, and I've never had a dip in frames per second using both with any other add-on.

http://carrier.csi.cam.ac.uk/forsterlewis/soaring/sim/fsx/dev/sim_probe/

Looks great! Thank you guys!

What do you mean by disableing the thermalDescriptions file? Where is it? How do I disable it?

Sorry, i only linked the manual. It's important that you read it and that you do everything described there. For disabling the file, simply rename it.

Dain, thanks! I had already forgotten that the Sim_Probe DL is from a different page.:redf:

Does anyone else notice strange behavior while being towed with AS-X running in the background? While being towed if i try to bank i get stuttered movement back n forth, which is inconsistent with aileron movement, also i noticed this uncooperative movement while doing a redbull mission. Am I alone? I tried to post a thread but nobody bothered to answer.

Back