• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Graphics help!

b52bob

Charter Member
Seems like a lot of people are having trouble with graphics now days. I have beat my head against the wall but nothing seems to help.
FSX fires up ok and scenery and aircraft are fine. Within 5 mins or so, aircraft lose their textures (may or may not come back after 5 mins or so) and the ground looks like pea soup. In addition, ramps at the airports don't show up but the parking spaces are a putrid lime green. Lights are nothing but black squares.

I have cleaned the insides of the computer because I thought it sounded like overheating - no go.

I have a E8500 3.2 with a 9800gt graphics card. 4 megs memory. Nvida driver 7.15.11.8250 and nhancer 2.5.9. Set everything up according to Nick C's instructions (thank you again Nick). Have rex gex utx and trafficx (which I also can't get to work)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Bob

ps - FS9 works fine so it must be in FSX

Sounds like textures are not loading and since they initially load, then you lose them, I'm thinking it is a video card issue. Either a driver update that didn't go well, a video card that's getting too hot, or a video card that is failing. The other possibility is a power supply that is beginning to fail. Those are just the bad things that I can come up with off the top of my head.

Use EVGA Percission and run the Vid cards fan at 100% and see...

You may be loosing the card, or its overheated, or as mentioned above, a new driver conflict

Back