• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Great Modeling Resource

Mick

SOH-CM-2024
I posted this in my "home" forum (FS9) but I'm cross-posting because I know so many folks I know from years ago hang out in the CFS2 and FSX fora.

Recently my modeling partner David stumbled onto a great resource: Free Ginter books (Naval Fighters and Air Force Legends series) in your choice of digital formats.

It's a page on the Internet Archive, which seems to be a legitimate site, with twenty-three books listed. The subjects are American military aircraft of the late 1940s through around the 1970s or 80s. There are prototypes and in-service aircraft ranging from the very obscure to the very well known, mainly Navy and Marine types but a couple Air Force or multi-service types, the C-124 Globemaster and the Convair twins.

Most modelers will be familiar with the Ginter books, but if you're not, they are heavily illustrated in fine detail, but also include extensive history of the planes, excellent references for modeling and very interesting as reading material for airplane buffs.

The list seems to be getting a little shorter. The XB-51 book was on it when we started that project but now it's gone, and there may have been a couple others that disappeared, so grab what you want now.

Here's the link:

https://archive.org/search?query=subject:"aircraft"+Ginter

Thanks very much for sharing this resource. Lots of great information - photos, drawings, stats, etc. - there.

I posted this in my "home" forum (FS9) but I'm cross-posting because I know so many folks I know from years ago hang out in the CFS2 and FSX fora.

Recently my modeling partner David stumbled onto a great resource: Free Ginter books (Naval Fighters and Air Force Legends series) in your choice of digital formats.

It's a page on the Internet Archive, which seems to be a legitimate site, with twenty-three books listed. The subjects are American military aircraft of the late 1940s through around the 1970s or 80s. There are prototypes and in-service aircraft ranging from the very obscure to the very well known, mainly Navy and Marine types but a couple Air Force or multi-service types, the C-124 Globemaster and the Convair twins.

Most modelers will be familiar with the Ginter books, but if you're not, they are heavily illustrated in fine detail, but also include extensive history of the planes, excellent references for modeling and very interesting as reading material for airplane buffs.

The list seems to be getting a little shorter. The XB-51 book was on it when we started that project but now it's gone, and there may have been a couple others that disappeared, so grab what you want now.

Here's the link:

https://archive.org/search?query=subject:"aircraft"+Ginter

Thanks very muck for the link Mick, great resource. :encouragement:

Steve

Robin tells me in the FS9 forum that there are more Ginter books on that site and if you know what you're looking for you can find them if you search by aircraft type.

Robin tells me in the FS9 forum that there are more Ginter books on that site and if you know what you're looking for you can find them if you search by aircraft type.

Sorry, those are all the Ginter books there, there are plenty of others to find. Not all of the others are downloadable, but, by signing up, are 'readable'.

Sorry, those are all the Ginter books there, there are plenty of others to find. Not all of the others are downloadable, but, by signing up, are 'readable'.

I looked at the Ginter site and searched for each book except for a few types so obscure and unsuccessful that I couldn't summon up any interest in them. Aside from the XB-51 mentioned earlier, they were the Grumman AF Guardian, McDonnell XF-88 Voodoo and North American F-86H Sabre.

Back