• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Guitarists need to see this

Naismith

Charter Member
I know there are several guitarists frequenting SOH, you need to see this, a new gizmo for tuning from Gibson. Pretty spiffy, At first I thought it was one of those fake things, but seems pretty genuine to me.

Not sure if it would work on other brands of guitar, though I can't see why not

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Min-ETune.aspx.

What will they think of next! :isadizzy::icon_lol:

It would be a total waste of time on my axe though as I have a Floyd Rose tremolo bridge with a locking nut. My (fine) tuning is done on the bridge not the machine heads.

Gibson’s revolutionary Robot Les Paul Studio Limited is unique in many ways, but the “robot-like” Robot Tuners™ that grace the headstock are extraordinary. Pull out the Robot Les Paul Studio Limited’s Multi-Control Knob (MCK) and watch the Robot Tuners™ spring into action. It takes only a few seconds for the Robot Tuners™ to tune the Robot Les Paul Studio Limited to the desired tuning. Each tuning peg is equipped with a tiny, but powerful, servo motor that kicks into action once the system is activated. The Robot Tuners™ rely on the strings themselves to send the signals, eliminating any potential for interference. Made of lightweight metal with a satin nickel finish, the Robot Tuners™ weigh only 46.5 grams each. A standard Gotoh tuner weighs in at 49 grams. That means a set of Robot Tuners™ weigh a full 15 grams less than a set of Gotoh tuners, which is another indicator of the Robot Les Paul Studio Limited’s true innovation.

I copied this directly from the Gibson website and it looks like these "Robot Tuning Keys" would be adaptable to any guitar using the 3 per side headstock. It's cool technology if you play a lot of songs using other tunings such as "dropped D" or an "Open" tuning. Since I no longer play on-stage they are a bit too pricey for me, the SG lists at @$3395.usd but I can see a use for it if you are playing pro gigs.View attachment 88148

Hey All,

Thanks for posting Ickie! I like a lot of your music and I admit a number of your guitars - the strat and tele in particular. I can't tell what the acoustics are.

-Ed-

Ickie nice collection there. I had a listen your vocal especially on 'Loraine' reminded me so much of this guy...

lol, another fine mess
here is my gibsons
http://ronnylarson.com/

That's a real nice collection of guitars you have there Ron, enjoyed the recordings too! I sold off my electric guitars and only kept a couple of my acoustics for my musical habit these days. I got rid of a Gibson ES-335 custom shop edition and Gretsch Country Club that I had for years along with the Roland JC-120 amp.Now I use a Yamaha APX series acoustic/electric running through a Fender Acoustasonic and a custom made Klema
from a Chech luthier named Martin Klema. Too bad we are so far away from each other,I'd love to get together and do a little picking! View attachment 89353

Back