• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Helo question

hey_moe

Retired SOH Administrator
When using the defauft helo in FSX, for some reason I have never been able to take off right, the bades turn fine and as I increase the throttle it trys to lift off but never does, I am wondering if it is my CH. Conrtrols .... I have a joy stick I can install but was wondering if any of you guys have run into this....Mike

Hi Mike

Some basics...

Are you at full Rotor RPM?

If you have jumped from a fixed wing to the 206 - have you put back the prop to full pitch?

Checked Weight and Balance?

These sometimes catch me out!

Regards

GJ

What it does is at mid way on the throttle it trys to lift off, when I go full throttle the RPMS start to drop.:banghead:

What it does is at mid way on the throttle it trys to lift off, when I go full throttle the RPMS start to drop.:banghead:

I had this problem in FS9. It seemed to happen whenever I did a shutdown then re-start. Or when changing aircraft before quitting the current flight.

I found I had to completely close out the sim, re-start it then load the helo I wanted to fly. Everything worked fine then.

I think it was a bug in the game code. It did it with any helo.

I haven't had the problem with FSX as of yet.

-G-

Ah - that sounds like lack of RPM - is the rotor RPM fully in the green before lifting.

In real life if you pull in too much pitch you get "rotor decay" and this often happens in FS 9 or X - not that any FDs can get it right - even the nemeth geniuses.

I believe the Dodosim B206 in FS9 modelled rotor decay, I remember making a few interesting tricks and very successfully blowing it up a few times. Autorotation was fun in it - as was getting out of a vortex ring.

Ian P.

I believe the Dodosim B206 in FS9 modelled rotor decay, I remember making a few interesting tricks and very successfully blowing it up a few times. Autorotation was fun in it - as was getting out of a vortex ring.

Ian P.

Your right Ian - Dodosim proved that FDs for helicopters could be closer to the real thing - or should I say Ring!

Yep I run into this every now and then. Ctrl F4, then waiting for everything to catch up usually solves it.

Good luck

I went ahead and reinstalled the joy stick and that took care of the problem, sorry I didn't get back sooner...Mike

Back