• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Identity Cannot Be Verified

TARPSBird

SOH-CM-2024
Whenever I start up FSX-SE I get this "Identity cannot be verified" prompt (see screenshot). I've tried just about every way mentioned online to get rid of it but it just won't go away. I know it's easy to just X through it but I'd rather not see it at all. Any suggestions for a permanent fix?

Attachments

• Identity_Prompt.jpg
    Identity_Prompt.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 127
I have exactly the same and I think millions of other FSX-SE users have the same. It is something you can't change. As you use the steam version you have to connect with steam.
This message tells you that the Microsoft certificate from the site you are connecting to has expired. As you can't update this certificate you need to live with it. It has been reported to Steam seversl time, but they don't seem to take any action. ( I think you will recognise the Dutch version Jan).

What surprises me is that you only experience this now as this issue has been running for two year already.
See: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforu...9-Security-Alert-in-FSX?highlight=certificate

Cheers,
Huub

AyZf1Cz.jpg

What surprises me is that you only experience this now as this issue has been running for a year already.
Cheers,
Huub
Huub, I've been getting the prompt probably as long as you have but I just now decided to ask if anybody had a fix for it.
At least now I know it's not just me. :biggrin-new:

Huub, I've been getting the prompt probably as long as you have but I just now decided to ask if anybody had a fix for it.
At least now I know it's not just me. :biggrin-new:

It's not just you, it's also me and every user of FSX Steam Edition for the past two years. The certificate expired and Steam elected to not renew it. I doubt they will ever seek to renew it.

There is a setting in FSX where you don't have to start the Sim by going to the "Home" screen. I always started on the Opening Screen" where I could select my starting airport.

Settings -> General -> The "Show Opening Screen"

Back