• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to
JapMaru1 UT

Jap Maru Collection by UncleTgt 2

No permission to download

UncleTgt

SOH-CM-2024
UncleTgt submitted a new resource:

JapMaru1 UT - Based off Stuart 277's Daifuku Marchant Ship G-Max files, a collection of Ship & Wreck mdls.

JAPmaru1 for CFS2 by UncleTgt

View attachment 155803

A collection of ships & infrastructure ships & wrecks for use in missions. This model is based off Stuart277's Daifuku class merchant ship. I added some extra detailing (rigging, anchors, open hatches on the wrecks & moored vessels), & demirrored the textures for the model. This allowed me to paint some early war dazzle camo, with a different pattern to each side. But most of the base modelling credit remains with Stuart, as...
JapMaru1_moored_UTb.jpg
Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

JapMaru2 UT - A new Jap merchant ship model, plus wreck & moored infrastructure options.

JAPmaru2 for CFS2 by UncleTgt

View attachment 155805

A collection of ships & infrastructure ships & wrecks for use in missions.

Models included:

IJN_JapMaru2_UT - the base ship model

plus some infrastructure ship models

JapMaru2_beached_UT - a beached vessel. Still manned, so will defend itself when attacked.
IJN_JapMaru2_moored_UT - a static harbour vessel, with some hatches open & derricks in use. Manned, will defend itself if attacked.
JapMaru1_wreckA_UT - a static...
JapMaru2_UTc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JapMaru3 UT - Upgunned IJA transport, with a deck cargo of Daihatsu barges

JAPmaru3 for CFS2 by UncleTgt

View attachment 155862

A collection of ships & infrastructure ships & wrecks for use in missions. This model is based off Stuart277's Lyons Maru class merchant ship. I added some extra detailing (rigging, anchors, open hatches on the moored vessel), & demirrored the textures for the model.

Reading about the Japanese Army's Transports, & how they up-gunned some of them to supplement the AA defence of the early-war invasion convoys, I further...

JapMaru4 UT - Small Japanese tanker

JAPmaru4 for CFS2 by UncleTgt

View attachment 155865
A collection of ships & infrastructure ships & wrecks for use in missions. This model is based off Stuart277's Standard TSa class small tanker. I added some extra detailing (rigging, anchors, open hatches on the wrecks & moored vessels), & demirrored the textures for the model. I also used this model to experiment with different damage effects & ways of constructing ship DPs. Most of the base modelling credit remains with...

Superb!!!
One small issue is, it seems torpeds will not hit when ship is moving occatuonally.
Maybe it's because of modified DP???
I will invastigate further more when I have time.

Yuki,

The Hull boxes are the same as for Stuart's originals, I only played around with the hit effects & how the hit points were apportioned.

I think an occasional miss is probably a good thing, they aren't "guided" weapons after all..

Yuki,

The Hull boxes are the same as for Stuart's originals, I only played around with the hit effects & how the hit points were apportioned.

I think an occasional miss is probably a good thing, they aren't "guided" weapons after all..
Uncle,

I see. So maybe it's because of lack of skills of the pilot, ha,ha,ha,
I will fly again when I go home tonight.
Thanks anyways,

Yuki

Hi John, thanks for these, and also the landing craft and barges. They will be great eyecandy in my missions!
I didn't have much time for the sim recently, a lot of work and a family issue, which now is resolved. So hopefully I'll get to do a little more now.

I found one small issue: At first, the two moored ships didn't show. When I placed them in MB there was a message that the model was not found in the library.
After a little research I found that the names of the DP and the BGL didn't match. I changed the DP to the same name as the BGL, and now everything is fine.

Thanks again for these nice ships! 🙂

Hi John, thanks for these, and also the landing craft and barges. They will be great eyecandy in my missions!
I didn't have much time for the sim recently, a lot of work and a family issue, which now is resolved. So hopefully I'll get to do a little more now.

I found one small issue: At first, the two moored ships didn't show. When I placed them in MB there was a message that the model was not found in the library.
After a little research I found that the names of the DP and the BGL didn't match. I changed the DP to the same name as the BGL, and now everything is fine.

Thanks again for these nice ships! 🙂
Rats!!!

OK, I've updated the zips for all 4 released vessels. THe moored vessels all lose the "IJN_" from the start of the DP file for the moored vessel in each pack.

I recompiled the bgls for JapMaru3 & 4 to call for the new name, so all 4 vessels use the same naming conventions...

Updated zips should be available shortly, following Moderator approval.

Apologies for the mix up, & thanks to Skylane for reporting the error.

Last edited:
Back