• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Just a few flights!

Tako_Kichi

Staff
Staff member
I hadn't looked at my FSX-SE logbook in years but I decided to have a quick look seeing as I bought P3D v4.5 yesterday and I will be spending time in that sim while I get it set up the way I want it. I believe I transferred my FSX-A logbook over to FSX-SE but I think I lost my first logbook in a crash and the transferred one may be from the second install of FSX-A so might be missing a bunch of data. Either way I was surprised by the numbers! Here is a synopsis:

4,000+ Total landings
2000+ Individual airports
100+ IFR hours
100+ Night flying hours
1,000+ Multi-engine hours
100+ Helicopter hours
10+ Glider hours
250+ Seaplane hours
2,500+ Total hours

I also picked up the following awards apparently:

Southernmost Airport NZPG
Northernmost Airport CYLT
Highest Airport SPRF

I guess I was busy over the years and that doesn't include my pre-crash FSX time, FS2004 time and all the hours in combat flight sims of various types prior to starting on the civil sims! It's no wonder I wore out so many joysticks and throttles! :dizzy:

Ahhh but ............ as a developer very often the number of takeoffs DO NOT equal the number of landings! :unsure:

Quite often when testing an aircraft in development you will take off, fly around for a little bit while you check out whatever functionality you are testing for and then just quit out of the flight while still in the air! ;)

There was a period of several years where I spent way more time developing/testing aircraft than I did actually flying from Point A to Point B, in fact it became a standing joke regarding the hours in the sim vs the hours flying for 'fun'!

I know how you got the Southern most airport and when. I of course was there or at least a part of it.
Yup, you flew the P-51 in from the coast while I sat in the tower and played Air Traffic Control to make sure we circumnavigated the globe at 30 miles out!

Happy days! :ernaehrung004:

I still remember the visual mind games that CrashAZ got sucked into because the terrain textures messed up your perception of which way was up and the fact that every direction was North so you couldn't trust the compass or GPS either! The best way of dealing with it was point your view down and just look at your instruments and not outside! Once you got about 30 miles out you could pick a heading and set the heading hold on the AP and wait for a full circle of travel then activate the GPS to the destination. I had a circle drawn on Google earth so I knew when the guys had traveled 30 miles out (in any direction) and then they could turn 90 degrees from that heading and fly until I told them to engage GPS hold which would ensure they completed the circumnavigation en-route to the next airport. Planning won us that deviation from the accepted course and it was the inspiration from KG_Spy that started it all in the first place.

Back