• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

KEGE Eagle County Regional Airport - A wish for P3DV5

gray eagle

SOH-CM-2024
P3DV5.4 has a rather stark KEGE airport with some goofy Fly P3D signs along the main runway. I visited AVSIM on how to remove them (it worked) but I wanted to compare it with ORBX and MSGS and the difference is day and night. I like ORBX but requirement need extra program(s) for a price and bloat the HD even more.
It also cost more $$$ going with ORBX. MSFS has one for ~15 bucks and looks nice as well with all the terminal buildings and extra detail. (Not a MSFS fan)

What I wish is for a better detailed KGKE for P3D with the terminal and other buildings that the other sims provide. I've scoured Google for a better detailed KEGE for
P3D but seems like ORBX is only source and as I said for a price and additional requirements for ORBX area scenery ($$$) and Taking up more HD space it seems like
that is only other option.

Last edited:
I checked it out on Google Earth but did not see any really good views from the road on the ground like some other airports. Maybe why this is all you got here or ORBX. A lot better view is desired by the scenery creator to replicate the buildings etc. for the simulator.

Anyway, I just found this for free at AVSIM if you want to check it out. It says its updated the P3D native with corrections from the airac 2005. You can get the current Jeppsen Airac from Flightaware and update it to the current state in ADEX here: https://www.flightaware.com/resources/airport/KEGE/APD/AIRPORT+DIAGRAM

Here is the scenery:
https://library.avsim.net/index.php?CatID=p3dscen

Last edited:
Thanks for the input Richard.
That particular scenery has other issues as well, I discovered some of the taxiways that lead to the runway(s) do not connect. Perhaps an easy fix.
The Orbx scenery is beautiful but would require Global Base pack ($$$)

Last edited:
I did find out some helpful info about ORBX "prerequisite product"
The download size of this product is 2.74 GB. It uses 2.52 GB when installed!! G-mo- nelly!!!
This is one fat file for one minor airport - all that eye candy adds up and makes for a fat Hard drive.

I posted a thread about requirements for ORBX base packs here

Last edited:
If you are going to invest in the regional area or North America or Global Landclass or whatever, you would certainly want to do most if all your flying in that region in my opinion. OR...if you want the beauty of ORBX and don't want the expense they DO offer some really nice areas for free like Iceland or the Pacific Northwest, and just download the free area and then find all the airports for free in that region and fly there if you don't care about where in the world you fly and just fly for fun wherever in the world that is. I checked them out with the free areas. As far as it goes, I have purchased KACK Nantucket a couple years ago which is really great and have used it without any other ORBX successfully in first FSX and then Prepar3D V4.5 Since I don't fly XP-11 because I have developed way too many sceneries and aircraft for the other sims. I have tried it and it IS nice. When I chose not to use it after a few days, they gave me a full refund. No one else does that. They ARE really good people.

If you are going to invest in the regional area or North America or Global Landclass or whatever, you would certainly want to do most if all your flying in that region in my opinion. OR...if you want the beauty of ORBX and don't want the expense they DO offer some really nice areas for free like Iceland or the Pacific Northwest, and just download the free area and then find all the airports for free in that region and fly there if you don't care about where in the world you fly and just fly for fun wherever in the world that is. I checked them out with the free areas. As far as it goes, I have purchased KACK Nantucket a couple years ago which is really great and have used it without any other ORBX successfully in first FSX and then Prepar3D V4.5 Since I don't fly XP-11 because I have developed way too many sceneries and aircraft for the other sims. I have tried it and it IS nice. When I chose not to use it after a few days, they gave me a full refund. No one else does that. They ARE really good people.
Richard,

I know about the freebies ORBX sceneries and have a few of 'em. I also have the KACK you mentioned as well. They all look/preform swimmingly well (P3DV5.4)
From the looks of that Utube I posted on the Ickies news hawks thread, it appears that one may not need the global base pack (some users
say their ORBX sceneries works without the base pack and some not) it would be a crap shoot at best.
About your refunds, it that with ORBX or XP-11? If so, that is nice or for any Dev that does that.

XP-11 no one else I know of because people cheated them and spoiled it for us all in the past. Hope that does not happen to X plane.

ORBX Base pack is not required for any of their airports. It is required for "Full Fuctionality" but the airport will work without it.

I quote from the users manual
This scenery airport addon is designed to work in the following simulators: Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v1 and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v2.Orbx

FTX Global Base is also required for full functionality.

What will you miss out on if you don’t have Orbx FTX Global Base installed?
Blending of photoreal terrain to surrounding terrain
The FTX Central application, which is used to launch all of the Orbx tools and to switch between different Orbx regions.
If you do NOT have Orbx FTX installed, you can still use this scenery by manually adding the scenery library entry from within the simulator.

If you don't have Orbx Global you will need to download and install the Orbx Library pack.

Having said that - The Global Base pack upgrades the textures across the whole world as well as updating road lighting. It makes a huge difference to FSX and P3D. Once I started using it I would never go back to the default textures.

ORBX Base pack is not required for any of their airports. It is required for "Full Fuctionality" but the airport will work without it.

I quote from the users manual
This scenery airport addon is designed to work in the following simulators: Microsoft Flight Simulator X, Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v1 and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v2.Orbx

FTX Global Base is also required for full functionality.

What will you miss out on if you don’t have Orbx FTX Global Base installed?
Blending of photoreal terrain to surrounding terrain
The FTX Central application, which is used to launch all of the Orbx tools and to switch between different Orbx regions.
If you do NOT have Orbx FTX installed, you can still use this scenery by manually adding the scenery library entry from within the simulator.

If you don't have Orbx Global you will need to download and install the Orbx Library pack.

Having said that - The Global Base pack upgrades the textures across the whole world as well as updating road lighting. It makes a huge difference to FSX and P3D. Once I started using it I would never go back to the default textures.
Thanks for the feedback. In light of your review of ORBX Global Pack, It sounds nice but I think I will pass on that and any other ORBX scenery that "recommends" it.

I never say never if I can help it. This IS a challenge and I have started collecting information to see if I can create it. After checking out their Facebook page and some other areas, it just might be fun to tackle this now that I can see again. Stay tuned for progress...

I never say never if I can help it. This IS a challenge and I have started collecting information to see if I can create it. After checking out their Facebook page and some other areas, it just might be fun to tackle this now that I can see again. Stay tuned for progress...
I just did a search online for Eagle County Regional Airport and ORBX came up. After looking at their screenshots, for $23.95 USD it is not worth the hours to create it when their screenshots look so fantastic and accurate to the facebook pages I checked out. Like the man said, you don't need to reinvent the mousetrap. I have downloaded all the documents of the airport planning commission to compare with their AFCAD for accuracy if I choose to purchase it.

Agreed it IS nice however, ORBX advises purchasing some of their additional stuff to get the benefits from that particular scenery. As my Dad use to say you have to buy the cow to get the milk. No thanks.

The "extra" stuff enhances the scenery. It is totally not necessary to have it. The OrbX Central installer allows you to put your scenery in a library of your choice. That way, If you have to re-install the sim, you don't lose the scenery, you just sync it back up. OrbX Central in no more intrusive than the Simmarket installer program. You can chose where to put it, and it's free.

The "extra" stuff enhances the scenery. It is totally not necessary to have it. The OrbX Central installer allows you to put your scenery in a library of your choice. That way, If you have to re-install the sim, you don't lose the scenery, you just sync it back up. OrbX Central in no more intrusive than the Simmarket installer program. You can chose where to put it, and it's free.
I have Orbx Central and no issue with it. I was concerned about how the scenery would perform and look without the scenery enhancement (Basepack etc) that they (Orbx) mentions.

Last edited:
It looks just like the pictures. The only difference is that it doesn't blend into it's surroundings as perfectly. The grass doesn't match or some such... There is no performance hit whatsoever.

It looks just like the pictures. The only difference is that it doesn't blend into it's surroundings as perfectly. The grass doesn't match or some such... There is no performance hit whatsoever.
Thanks for the info. I may someday try the KEGE scenery. Their freeware scenery seems to work perfect but then, there is no prerequisite for their base pack.

Back