• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Looking for Ambient sounds for scenery use

falcon409

SOH-CM-2022
I did this for Tangier Island several years ago and it added so much to the scenery that I thought I'd do it again for Grimes Airfield before I release it. Problem is the default sounds are limited to a few birds and waves sounds. I want to find traffic sounds, aircraft flying overhead, background crowd sounds and so on. Anyone ever run across anything like this?

Been working on this for days with no success. I have the sounds, I have the effects file, I have the controller files and the sound bgl. I have checked and rechecked the naming in each of the files to ensure the sound is named correctly, but when I go into the scenery there's nothing. I have set the sounds locations (lat/Long) in the bgl file and also set the effects using ADE.

Does anyone have extensive knowledge of sounds in scenery (wish Joe Watson was still around). I can send you all the files I have to see if someone can spot why this isn't working. Otherwise the scenery will be released without sounds.

I added sounds to Tangier Island and those worked perfectly. I simply copied what I did there and replaced the sounds in those files to the current sounds. I also changed the positions of the new sounds to match their locations on the airfield. I've done the effects files for each sound, I've done the controllers for each sound and I've produced the sound bgl for the scenery folder.

No reason these shouldn't work. The SDK is greek to me. . .much the same as SODE.

Back