• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Makng surface painted runway numbers - Help please

gray eagle

SOH-CM-2024
I have a scenery (freeware) that I am trying to add the red surface runway numbers like you see on the hold short lines.
I have tried using what help I could get at FSDeveloper with ADE but not having much luck.

If there is anyone out there interested in helping me add just a few runway numbers please get in touch.

I have the numbers on a DDS File that are needed for the airport I want to use.

After a long struggle with ADE I got one number that flickers and that's not so good. I have issues with drawing Ground poly squares and

forming them into true squares. After all my efforts to get just one experimental square (which is a bit off square) it flickers.

I surely would appreciate your time and help.

capture1-jpg.83569

:wavey:

Just have a short look here at SOH.

Butch, just try to lift the planes a little, approx 0,05 to 0,1 m which can prevent the flickering. To get solid markers to the ground, you will need to be a little familiar with ModelConverterX, with which you can create almost each stuff of polygons.
Report back if it helps :wavey:

Hi Manfred,

I am aware of the GP wizard but never used it. I tried (again) to get ADE to make the GP's but they never show in my AD4 scenery file. I'm hoping that TGibson will be of some help.
Anyway,

https://fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/surface-painted-taxiway-direction-signs.443957/page-3/URL]

Scroll down to the bottom to see my latest issues I posted there.

I just wish this process could be more simpler to do. I sent you a PM

Thanks.
:wiggle:

Just have a short look here at SOH.

Butch, just try to lift the planes a little, approx 0,05 to 0,1 m which can prevent the flickering. To get solid markers to the ground, you will need to be a little familiar with ModelConverterX, with which you can create almost each stuff of polygons.
Report back if it helps :wavey:

That picture of the 32 on the runway above ^ is not my work, it is of another's scenery. It is just a sample of what I am looking for assistance with.

I think I may have discovered the knack of doing this.

I had some flicker issues which I fixed. Now on to adding more appropriate runway makers for this airport

capture-jpg.83697

Last edited:
Back