• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Milviz De Havilland DHC-2 Beaver

hertzie

SOH-CM-2023
Hi all,

Please tell me where I can find the Milviz DHC-2_XML_Sounds for this great plane, for most of my wav-files are empty and so the model won't show :banghead:.

Thanks,

hertzie.

Erik,

The "DHC-2_XML_Sounds" folder can be found inside the "DHC-2 Beaver Milviz" folder.

I hope this is what you were looking for....

Cheers,
Huub

Hi Huub,

I know where that folder is, but most of the wav-files in it are empty. And MilViz won't help me, for they do not give support to freebies. I tried another sound folder, but somewhere (I suppose in the mdl.-file?) the plane keeps looking for these XML-files. When I push more than 20 times the enter-button, it gives the model free, but then it is in my scenery in the pause-stand. If I push the P-button the engine will finally start and the plane will go flying. But every time having to push all those buttons is no fun :playful:.

Thanks for trying to help, I will also try a Milviz-forum. But I wish that I knew a way to let the plane accept another sound folder. Do you know if there is a possibility in changing the planes cfg. ?

All the best,

Erik.

Hi Huub,

I know where that folder is, but most of the wav-files in it are empty. And MilViz won't help me, for they do not give support to freebies. I tried another sound folder, but somewhere (I suppose in the mdl.-file?) the plane keeps looking for these XML-files. When I push more than 20 times the enter-button, it gives the model free, but then it is in my scenery in the pause-stand. If I push the P-button the engine will finally start and the plane will go flying. But every time having to push all those buttons is no fun :playful:.

Thanks for trying to help, I will also try a Milviz-forum. But I wish that I knew a way to let the plane accept another sound folder. Do you know if there is a possibility in changing the planes cfg. ?

All the best,

Erik.

Open the panel.cfg and find this line under [Vcockpit01]: gauge07=..\panel\MV3DSound!MV3DS, 0,0,1,1,SimObjects\\Airplanes\\DHC-2 Beaver Milviz\\DHC-2_XML_Sounds#55
Put two slashes in front of it so it reads like this: //gauge07=..\panel\MV3DSound!MV3DS, 0,0,1,1,SimObjects\\Airplanes\\DHC-2 Beaver Milviz\\DHC-2_XML_Sounds#55
Save the panel.cfg and you should be free of the countless prompts before flying.

Back