• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Murray Walker

wombat666

Administrator
News just through that 'The Voice of Formula 1' died over night (our time) age 97.
Love him or loathe him, Murray Walker was, and will remain the most recognisable commentator in Formula 1 broadcasting.
A man who absolutely loved his job and who covered the best years of F1, he was funny, irritating, reflective, parochial, hyper active, frustrating or just plain annoying, but overall, much loved.
The James and Murray show was always entertaining, if somewhat biased, and could not exist in today's politically correct corporate 'Effwun' circus.
I wasn't a great fan of 'Muddy Talker' but I must admit to fond memories of the man.
Vale Mr. Walker.
:loyal:

A sad day, one of my favourite race commentators of all time(F1, rally-cross, rally, motorcycles, Murray could do them all). The way he could almost predict a driver's demise (even accidentally) was uncanny. If he was praising a driver and raving about his prowess you could almost guarantee he would prang it within seconds! :dizzy::pop4:

Murrayisms:

"Unless I am very much mistaken.... I AM very much mistaken!"

"Mansell is slowing down, taking it easy. Oh no he isn't IT'S A LAP RECORD."

"This is an interesting circuit, because it has inclines. And not just up, but down as well."

"The lead car is absolutely unique, except for the one behind it which is identical."

"The most important part of the car is the nut that holds the wheel."

"I know it's an old cliche, but you can cut the atmosphere with a cricket stump."

"Tambay's hopes, which were nil before, are absolutely zero now."

"And there's no damage to the car. Except to the car itself."

"That's the first time he had started from the front row in a Grand Prix, having done so in Canada earlier this year."

"How you can crash into a wall without it being there in the first place is beyond me!"

"Excuse me while I interrupt myself"

"And the first five places are filled by five different cars."

Unforgettable!
:applause:

In the late 70-ties- early 80-ties cable TV started to arrive in the Netherlands. As the interest in F-1 in the Netherlands was declining, you could not wat F-1 on Dutch television anymore, but we could only follow the races at the BBC. Iconic tune (The chain - Fleetwood Mac), with the iconic voice of Murray Walker. Even when half of what he said was nonsense still always great to listen to.

Cheers,
Huub

Back