• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

MV Beaver returns to P3Dv5 now

YoYo

SOH-CM-2023
Milviz working on his DHC-2 for P3Dv5 (update, the version for P3D4.5 is not fully compatible and WX radar does not work with P3Dv5.2 HT1).
Very soon :wavey:.

247Hvdv.jpg

CauWdRW.jpg

yMxeA7G.jpg

Last edited:
Yo Yo, I got both the earler (V4 versions) of the Milviz Beaver and the Otter working in V5.2 (not the weather radar guages though but I do not configure those aircraft with this type of avionics). I used the MILVIZ xmltools installer fix they did some months ago to fix the other non working guage issues. Other than their installer which points to V4 and the WX Radar what else is there to update? they could have done this ages ago.

The Beaver
XU0PKq9.jpg

The Otter
vqSfdpv.jpg

Yes, any custom modifications will help for sure (not everyone can do it also), but I think it's better to have an official update, then no problem and no additional work with official update. :wavey:
The lack of v5 version also discourages new users from buying and for using P3D.

Yo Yo agree!. I guess I cannot understand why this was so hard for Milviz, the fixes or work required was relatively simple to get them into V5 yet they have done nothing now for over 8 months on doing this despite repeated requests on their website forums! I do understand they are now basically punting on MSFS for future income so that is probably why - you would need 8 months plus to work out how to code for MSFS and then some!!

The Beaver and the Pilatus Porter are all go now for P3Dv5 got the update today

Before I break my working V5.2 installation of the Beaver, let me know if there any reason to use this "update" (certified with no fixes to the plane itself !)

Thanks ;)

Gérard

For you'll that have the beaver (and/or the Otter) working properly - Do you have instrument lighting (background gauge) working properly? I've downloaded/installed latest installers from Milviz but neither aircraft have operational gauge lighting working. This is with P3dv5.2 Reading the milviz forums, wonder if this a long term problem with no fix.

Hawkdriver - Yes I have both the Milviz DHC2 and the DHC3 with complete working lights all round - Cabin, Instruments and external lights all operate as they should via the relevant cockpit switches. No problems at all. I have never flown them at night but a check of both showed they have no lighting issues at all. This is the V4 ported into V5.2 using the registry trick and the Milviz XML Tools update installer to make all the gauges work. There are no updates to the aircraft it is only the installer they have fixed up and only for the DHC2 as far as I can see. As I said, no point for me and others they are working in 5.2 just fine!

Thanks. I'll try the XMLtoolinstaller again for the milviz support forum to see if that will update the gauges (The dhc-3 otter does have anew installer on their site). Rob

Hawkdriver there is an updated xml installer but it is buried on the Milviz site - have a look for the thread about guages not working that has the link to the updated xml installer - once that is done the models and all the gauges work properly.

Back