• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

My WASR AK-47

Cirrus N210MS

Charter Member
Here is a photo of my Wasr ak47 Its The same Age as me 25

photos013.jpg

works great

just finished cleaning it up in that photo it was dirty as can be ill take a new one here in a bit now that its been cleaned up no dirt on its wood

i take it when i go off roading do to its good to have somthing to scare off them hill billys that live in the desert so they dont get ideas like doing somthing stupid when they see i have an Kalashnikov they go the other way :salute: some one took a pot shot at my brothers friend one time so i am just goto make sure i am ready for return fire if that ever happends you know what i am talking about you can take targets down 4400 Yards with a AK47

nice!! I've got an original romanian. Mine isn't as fancy as yours, but I like it because it is original and came with the original 'start your own revolution' kit. Two stocks, oil canisters, cleaning stuff, all fitting neatly into the stock.

It's nice to see someone else here that's into collecting pieces of our military history.

yeah i am big into military guns i love russian Military weapons Very much :salute:

guns009.jpg

guns008.jpg

guns007.jpg

and yes that Pistol is a russian TT-33 And it was Built in 1953

Russian weapons are my favorite too, mainly because of the big dark cloud associated with anything Russian while I was growing up. That, and they're affordable.

I like the TT-33.
As for AK type weapons, I'll stick to my Valmet M-76.
I also like the older historical stuff. How many modern Glocks do you need? (Already got my Glock 19).

I like the TT-33.
As for AK type weapons, I'll stick to my Valmet M-76.
I also like the older historical stuff. How many modern Glocks do you need? (Already got my Glock 19).

Ah, yes. The Glock model 19 is one of the finest pistols out there.

I can definately give a thumbs up for the love of russian weapons. While I do not own a rifle, I have a russian Soviet made Makarov PM 9X18MM pistol. That gun is simple to take apart, a breeze to clean, and put back together. Need absolutely 0 tools unless I want to take the firing pin out, at which rate the cleaning tool doubles for that purpose. Never had 1 ounce of trouble out of it.. Now my Springfield Armory 1911, or Ruger .22 MkIII target shooter now those are a whole other story. That Ruger especially has what seems like a million pieces to it. I will have to join the photo fun and put up some when I get home.

Nice looking WASR there cirrus!

I'm not too big on the modern semis though...I've had a few SKS carbines over the years, but now that the surplus import ammo isn't as cheap as it was 15-20 years ago they're just not as much fun to take to the range anymore.
Probably won't be in the market for another surplus semi until I find me another AG42 Ljungmann or an FN49. I have seen a few SVT-40s on the market too and I wouldn't mind that model either.

(Moved down to the Other Hobbies forum)

works great

just finished cleaning it up in that photo it was dirty as can be ill take a new one here in a bit now that its been cleaned up no dirt on its wood

i take it when i go off roading do to its good to have somthing to scare off them hill billys that live in the desert so they dont get ideas like doing somthing stupid when they see i have an Kalashnikov they go the other way :salute: some one took a pot shot at my brothers friend one time so i am just goto make sure i am ready for return fire if that ever happends you know what i am talking about you can take targets down 4400 Yards with a AK47

Make that 440 yards if you are an exceptional shot with exceptionally good conditions .....:173go1:

I don't own a Rifle... the military lets me use them.... but my Rifles i use are the AW50F for Anti-Materiel and the L96A1 for Anti-Personnel, both will engage and take out/down a target at 2112yds (And yes i've made that kind of shot on the range before). i opt to carry a sidearm, a Sig Sauer P226 if it's available and all other time i'm to be found with an SA80A2 with the UGL... gotta love my job at times...

AK47 is a good weapon, easy to maintain, you could bury it in a swamp for years, dig it up and pull the trigger, it'd still go bang, although now surpassed by the AK-101 and partially by the AK-2000, it is still a formidable weapon, but i still say full auto you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn from 20 paces.. TT-33 is a great sidearm, rugged, robust and packs a punch, gotta admire the Tokarevs, Makharovs... in fact all Russian weapons, they're built to last... and built to blast... SKS being another prime example of a good cheap reliable rifle...

The punch of that 7.62mm round is great though

I can confirm that and i only caught a ricochet off a wall as i was darting across a T-Junction... dropped me in my stride... as i said they're rugged and go bang when you need them to... good weapons last thing any soldier wants it to be downrange from one in the aim and his weapon jams... "Stoppage" usually being shouted followed by several obscenities :icon_lol:

the NATO standard 7.62mm round is longer and more aerodynamically stable, designed for penetration over longer ranges... the Russian or AK Standard has a nice habit of hitting the target then tumbling causing greater internal trauma, shorter round when compared... means it isn't as stable after the hit... still great Kit there Cirrus... anyone who's never fired an Accuracy International Arctic Warfare/L96A1 I urge them to try it, chambered for .338 Lapua it is my weapon of choice these days, i fired 1 shot on the range and i was hooked... what is the maximum accurate range of an AK47? about 350yds?

heres a little project i recently completed...except for the lower i ordered all the parts on the net..and its 7.62x39
ar762.jpg

GUARANTEED You'l never take down a target @ 4400 yds. with any rifle, never mind an AK47 (piece of junk is only accurate out to 200 Yds. Use an M14.:salute::salute:

Fellows; Listen to smoothie, he sounds like he's been there & done that. Never try to fool a soldier. Whats better Smoothie USGI M14 or L1A1? I'll take my M4A1.

I'd have to stick with the L1A1 (SLR) here, it's a bit hefty and useless for room clearing, just like every other 'long' out there, plus it's not Automatic, Lets remember the Falklands War, Argentina with the FN-FAL and the British with the L1A1/SLR, Brits were erm 'liberating' FAL's to use instead of their SLR's. M14 is good, has a good kick... and a good reach for such a dated design, what M14's max reach (Effective) about 800m with optics? thats still pretty good goin'... i always say a good rifle is a rifle you point towards your enemy and it goes Bang when you need it to...

i'll show you some of the weapons i'm familiar with (No cameras allowed in the armoury or range sadly but at least i can tell you...)

Accuracy International Artic Warfare 50 (12.7*99)/(.50), Effective range 1.5km
AIG2402.jpg

Accuracy International L96A1/Super Magnum (7.62*51)/(.338 Lapua)/(7mm Rem), Effective range 0.8km (7.62)
ai-awp762.jpg

BAe Systems/H&K SA80/L85/L98 (5.56*45), Effective Range 450m with iron sight & 650m with SUSAT
sa-80-rifle-stripped-1996.jpg

Those are my main familiar weapons (Not including the Sig Sauer P226, which I have used as a sidearm), other knowledge includes M249/M240, M-16 series (Incl. M4, C7 & C8), HK53, HK G3 and various other nasties...

Redriver thats a good looking Long there buddy, looks like a 15 or 20 round Mag also... i never can get on with dot sights/Projection sights myself, i'm used to the SUSAT ( Sight Unit Small Arms Trilux) and some of the Trijcon Scopes...

Your average stock M14 / M1A isn't a particularly accurate rifle. Roughly 2-3 MOA or so which isn't all that different from a FN FAL. FALs I have fired tend to do a little better than an untuned M14 type. AK-47 types I have fired tend to be more around 4-6 MOA guns. There really isn't all that much that can be done to help a FN FAL for accuracy except perhaps a heavy barrel and improving the HORRIBLE trigger. The sling swivel on the barrel is just plain stupid. On the other hand, a M14 / M1A can be glass bedded, fitted with a heavy barrel and have the trigger weight lightened to about 4.75 pounds (You don't want it lighter because it may double). For ballistics, a FAL and a M14 are pretty much equivalent. Both have barrels around 22 inch which is not really enough to get the best out of a .308W. The HK91 / G3 has an even shorter barrel, seems to kick worse, sends the spent cases into low earth orbit, and has a noticeably worse muzzle blast. Accuracy isn't any better even though the barrels are ENTIRELY free floated (no gas cylinder).

After the "Match Conditioning", you can generally get 0.75 to 1 MOA accuracy for 10 shot goups with a M14 / M1A unless you did something wrong. For 5 shot groups, expect perhaps 5/8 inch to 3/4 inch or so with good reloads or Winchester or Federal Match ammunition. M852 Special Ball does about as well. These loads with 168 grain bullets get around 2620-2650 fps average. If all you have is NATO ball ammunition, expect 2-3 inch groups.

FWIW, a 7.62x39 round isn't all that powerful. Just walk by the berms after a good rain. You will find a whole bunch of 7.62x39 bullets because they don't dig all that deep. In general you won't find any other kind of modern rifle bullets because they tend to dig much deeper or disintegrate. It is kinda funny to see AK bullets mostly just laying there, and big ole black powder rifle bullets sitting on little columns of dirt.

As for lethality, consider that Patrick Purdy in Stockton California shot a bunch of school children with a AK a couple decades ago and didn't kill most of them. John Muhammed (sp?) shot a few adults with a M16 clone and killed most of them.

Just a few thoughts.
- Ivan.

Back