• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

New hobby Astrophotography

HenryW

Charter Member 2014
My latest hobby, started this fall after several years as an hobby astronomer. After a while i wanted to take some pics of the Objects:

Orion Nebula (M42) and The running man nebula

M42Prosess1_zpsbea73e25.jpg

Andromeda Galaxy (M 31)

M31_1_zpsd3c50c76.jpg

Two galaxies in Ursa Maj. M 81 and M82

M81_M82_zps8174b1c8.jpg

The starcluster Pleiades M 45

Help_zps26c94ed8.jpg

Can you take photos like that anywhere or do you have to be away from all city light?

Jim

Can you take photos like that anywhere or do you have to be away from all city light?

Jim

Thanks! Yes you can but then you have to have som light polution filter. Those above pictures was taken at my cabin in Telemark where light pollution is absent:santahat:

Good to see you are still hanging around here, Henry! :)

What kind of equipment are you using to get those amazing photos?

Good to see you are still hanging around here, Henry!

What kind of equipment are you using to get those amazing photos?

Im using a couple of telescopes, a Skywatcher 200P and a SW 130PDS on a EQ5 mount with Synscan (Its a computerized tracking system). The camera is a Canon EOS 550D, here are the pics

stnd2_zps45f9f04b.jpg

stnd_zps8af210b8.jpg

Here is the smaller one (130 PDS)

e_zps03b92433.jpg

And a little pic of Jupiter with the great red spot

JupiterSist_zps46a4cc65.jpg

Cheers

Andromeda Galaxy how I find, tonight 7 pm in st pete fl, look at moon and then go straight up, its that dot way up there.
I also look for beetlejuice every night to see if it has blown up yet, lol, look at the bright star left of ol ryans belt, if you look right you will see rigal

What a set up Henry, including the cabin out and away from it all! I could enjoy that life as well some day.
Showed my wife your pics tonight and she was amazed as well.

Jim

Isn't it fascinating what one can see out there? I have a much more rudimentary setup than Henry has, but I have been able to see Saturn, Jupiter and the Galilean Moons, the Orion Nebula, and the Pleiades.

Awesome set of photos, Henry!

:applause:

Thanks! Thats right, sometimes its just great to pick up some binoculars and enjoy the beauty of the nightsky, there are so much to see....
Here some more taken from my cabin:

Messier 27, a planetary nebula

M27_240814Wide_zpsa0547fcc.png

Messier 13 a globular cluster

M13_1366_1maimindre_zpsb4e3cb08.png

Messier 33 a spiral galaxy in the neigborhood only 3 millions light years away

Messier_33_200914_small_zps2b5cd581.png

And Messier 51 another spiral galaxy in Canes venatici

Messier51Widefield_zps8bea859d.jpg

Rgds Henry

The images are fantastic, Henry.

Like you, I also enjoy looking to the skies. Ever since I was a boy my place was in the dark. I grew up in the city on a dead-end street. Our house was very near the end of a fairly deep canyon with a small creek. Growing up, my friend and I spent a lot of time exploring the woods. Following the creek to see where it started. We were in grade school at the time.

One day we went on an adventure. It was near 2 o'clock in the afternoon, and we headed up the valley with our backpacks stuffed with, stuff. That day we'd reached unexplored areas beyond where we'd ever seen. Our being excited to see more led us to more exploring.

Not keeping track of time, the sun was slowly setting. Not to worry, we told each other, as we kept going. Flashlight? Uh OH!

Before we knew it, it was dark. And we were, LOST! OUR PARENTS WILL SKIN US!! "Gulp"

Both scared to be out there in the dark, but we had no choice. We found a high spot in the hills. A grassy field, where we made our beds. We laid on our backs and looked to the skies the whole night. It was amazing.
-From that day (night) forward, night was always a calling.

For 23 years I and my family have lived in the country side, where the darkness of the skies are mysterious, yet inviting. Your images show me what I can not, with the eye alone.

Thanks for sharing. :)

Thanks!
Here are some of my latest this fall. Not many Clear skies here in Norway for the time beeing:
4 hours expousure on the Andromeda Galaxy
M31_21_11_14_p3B_zps3dd783e2.png

The horsehead nebula:

IC_434_221114_1366_zpsb77e497d.png

The North America nebula

NGC7000_30_09_14_zps6c6c7bb3.png

And lastly one more of the Pleiades

M_45_30_09_14_zpsd2530e79.png

One more of the moon:

Maringne_11_10_14_1024_zpse1a9eb28.png

And the rest of a star that exploded as a supernova several thousands of years ago: The whitchs broom in the Constellation of cygnus

NGC6960_zps6f7323d0.png

Back