• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

New rotor effects for helos

Thanks for the HU, looks cool, gotta try it! :ernae:

dustlanding2.jpg

What's the impact on the FPS ?
Since many years and many video cards, huge smoke right in front of me have always been killing the FPS, so I'm a bit worried with that new effect :/

What's the impact on the FPS ?
Since many years and many video cards, huge smoke right in front of me have always been killing the FPS, so I'm a bit worried with that new effect :/

I just did some testing, and it's not as bad as you'd think. I flew the Aerosoft Jayhawk ar KSEA with high detail and no AI, where I didn't have a whole lot of FPS to begin with. I compared the OGE hover (no effect - 32 ft) to IGE hover (effect on - 28 ft), and low hover (6 ft)

Overall, the new effect only has a 0-2 FPS hit over the default, which isn't frame rate friendly to begin with -- 10 FPS hit at altitude and 15 at low hover. It may sound bad, but the default water effect is even worse -- 10-20 frames, depending on altitude.

I think if you can run the default water effect, the dust cloud shouldn't be a problem.

Back