• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

Northern Virginia IPMS at Fairfax High School 20160430

Ivan

Charter Member
Yes, That's Today!

It is generally a pretty good show.
Sorry for the late notice. Other events are interfering.

- Ivan.

Crap! I'll miss it by only a day...I am going COS-IAD tomorrow morning...Arrive late afternoon.

Bummer!

Kent

It wasn't a bad show. I had my son with me and he was not feeling very well but he also did not want to miss the annual event.
We left a bit early because he was getting too tired walking around and because something in the building was irritating him.

I actually spent more on food than I did on real purchases.
This little boy is a little eating machine!

I have been looking around for a 1:48 scale Monogram Me 109E for a while.
The prices with shipping on eBay are a bit more than I really want to pay.
Yes, I know this isn't a modern highly detailed kit, but I wanted the version I build as a kid.
(I actually like the retractable landing gear!)

It took a while, but I found a kit with a damaged box for $3.
....Then about 5 minutes later I found an older kit in a much nicer box for $2....

Total purchases:
$3.00 1:48 Monogram Me 109E circa 1973
$2.00 1:48 Monogram Me 109E circa 1968
$5.00 1:72 Hasegawa FW 190D - Single box but it has at least 4 or perhaps 5kits in it.
$2.00 1:48 Hawk F8F Bearcat
$3.00 1:72 Airfix Douglas A-20 Havoc / Boston.

There were a few deals I would have picked up if I had a chance to go back through one more time.
There were a couple 1:72 Monogram P-36 kits and F11C kits that were yet another nostalgia grab.
Generally the deals get better as it gets closer to closing time, but we left way too early.

-------

By the way, if you are near Dulles Airport, you should definitely leave a day to visit the Smithsonian (Udvar Hazy) National Air and Space Museum.

- Ivan.

Back