• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

OK..... back to my other hobby!

Matt Wynn

Charter Member
......Profile Artistry, this one could take a while as i'm doing the linework right through to completed piece... no points for guessing what i'm working on though... :icon_lol:.... this as i say..... could.....take......a...... while..... But is worth it! especially given my fascination with spaceflight :jump:

Ahhh...looks very much like a Saturn V with the Apollo capsule to me.

I remember building the Airfix kit as a spotty kid many years ago. The thing was huge and stood in one corner of my bedroom. I was really into space stuff back then and my parents even bought me a pretty powerful telescope and I'd spend hours staring through it at night. During the lunar landings I was able to see the orbiter as a tiny pinprick of light moving across the surface of the moon.

Command module window looks wrong somehow, it might just be me...

I'm going t guess Orion capsule on a Saturn V platform.:jump:

Edit:I'm an Idiot. It's a Apollo Era Saturn V.

Edit:I'm an Idiot. It's a Apollo Era Saturn V.

you're not an Idiot.... i must be for undertaking this massive project though :icon_lol:

wow Tako, was nice of your parents to do that, you must'a bugged them senseless about it? mine wouldn't give me the time of day let alone a telescope :icon_lol:

and now...... as seen below.... showing the location of the LEM :salute: piece by piece it's getting there, still nowhere near getting it into Photoshop yet.... also gotta add the directional 'thrusters' to the emergency rocket atop the thing....

EDIT: also added fullside to images to throw the thing into scale :icon_lol:....

so.... today i decided to start fleshing her out, and Drawing the RocketDyne F-1's... here is how she's standing (well..... laying) at the moment;

as you can see we're getting there but still a very long way to go.... not even sure i like the lighting yet but hey perk of being able to change it :icon_lol:

Hey Smoothie,

not even sure i like the lighting yet but hey perk of being able to change it

The only area that I can see that may be a little too bright is the nose cone but otherwise it looks awesome! :applause:

Are you going to draw the mobile launch platform as well?

Regards,
Stratobat

Are you going to draw the mobile launch platform as well?

Regards,
Stratobat

if i can collate enough resources on it i probably will, then again once i start a profile art piece i'm loathe to leave it alone, started a mossie 2 years ago and still refining it to this day, gone through about 20 shape changes, over 2000 lighting layers (closest estimate), and i'm still not pleased with it.... :icon_lol:, but with Saturn V.... i'll Endeavour (excuse the STS pun there) to get it done before August is over :icon_lol:

so in the meantime while i've been juggling projects left right and centre i've started to get the linework done for my next project....

Back