• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

OT Good WWII colour photos...

i have used some months ago a software called re-colorized that give discreet results for ww2 photos.

there are very nice pics

1a35357u_1.preview.jpg

1a34953u.preview.jpg

OH OH IDEA, THIs give me an idea on the next scenery to build for vintage or ww2 aircraft. Men at Work(and Women)

Some of the shots have been seen before in B&W. As I understand it, the Eastman colour process was classified during WWII and many of the photos remained so until not long ago but B&W prints were made -often for news/recruiting/propaganda purposes.
I was told that because colour allowed different things to be seen it's use in reconnaissance was the reason for 'classification'. Now that the 50-year limit is passed we are seeing the originals and look at the quality from a 4x5 negative!

Rob

It's amazing how much more immediate the images are in color. Everything looks so old-fashioned in faded sepia tones, but the color shots could have been taken last week. Thanks for sharing!

It's amazing how much more immediate the images are in color. Everything looks so old-fashioned in faded sepia tones, but the color shots could have been taken last week. Thanks for sharing!

Agreed Bill! I was amazed at the clarity and contrast, great site!

Back