• Warbirds Library V4 (Resources for now) How to

We just posted part one of the how to on uploading new files to the Library. Part 1 covers adding new files. Part 2 will cover making changes to your the uploads you own.

Questions or comments please post them in the regular forums. Which forum is that... Well it is the one you spend the most time in.

Thanks the Staff

Library How to

OT: Nvidia nForce 20.08 drivers

kilo delta

Charter Member 2015
Just a little warning to fellow simmers to avoid updating your nForce drivers to the latest 20.08 Vista 64 version. They are buggy and will refuse to install your ethernet drivers. I found out the hard way:banghead::costumes:....... going to stick with the previous 15.23 versions.:kilroy:

Just a little warning to fellow simmers to avoid updating your nForce drivers to the latest 20.08 Vista 64 version. They are buggy and will refuse to install your ethernet drivers. I found out the hard way:banghead::costumes:....... going to stick with the previous 15.23 versions.:kilroy:

When will NVIDIA get it right? For my next build, I'm seriously thinking about cutting NVIDIA out of the loop.

Thanks Kilo, I have them downloaded, but have had no issues with the drivers dated 5/08 that cane with my card, so I have not installed them.

Caz

I saw an advisory on the EVGA forum about the new driver, so I'm gonna pass on it. I'm still running the P06 BIOS and stable as a rock, so why change? It seems that the mobo driver isn't the only thing that's buggy from NVIDIA. I loaded the latest 178.24 vid driver and it totally messed up my desktop and there was no discernible difference in FPS, so I went back to 178.13 and all is well again... Just goes to show, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

I'd normally check the feedback on drivers before installing them...but didn't bother today:redf:........anyhow ,it's easily fixed:d
Funny that you should mention the 178.24 drivers and my pc is just rebooting as I type this after installing them. I'll give them a tryout anyhow.:kilroy: :)

What happened to Nvidia the past few years? They used to have great drivers. Now it's like they've only got two monkeys asleep at the wheel over there.

Loaded the 178.24 driver and its working perfectly......Nvidia 9800GTX is my card. I always do the following before installing the new one.
1) Close everything that is running....everything!!!
2) Disinstall driver
3) Difragment
4) If you have a flush program run it to make sure all bits and pieces of the old driver are gone. (This I think is not an absolute but it helps).
5) install new
6) re-start
7) close every program than started
8) defrag again( It will surprise you that you have some fragmented stuff)
9) load FSX and enjoy.............................
By doing this you will find that most drivers work O.K......they might not do "nothing better" than the previous one but hardly any foul up your PC......

By doing this you will find that most drivers work O.K......they might not do "nothing better" than the previous one but hardly any foul up your PC......

Well, everybody's system is different Gera. I always load new drivers in safe mode after running Driver Sweeper, and usually don't have a problem, but 178.24 aparently corrupted some .ini's in Windows and I couldn't change Windows mode or screensavers anymore. Maybe the download was bad. Anyway, since there is no performance advantage in this new one, I'll keep what I've got for right now...

Well, everybody's system is different Gera. I always load new drivers in safe mode after running Driver Sweeper, and usually don't have a problem, but 178.24 aparently corrupted some .ini's in Windows and I couldn't change Windows mode or screensavers anymore. Maybe the download was bad. Anyway, since there is no performance advantage in this new one, I'll keep what I've got for right now...

You are so right.....with FSX its been like that from the outset. I guess I have been very lucky with drivers, so far so good.---hope you fixed everything ok!!!!....drivers are like new women " You never know what you´ll get!!!!":kilroy:

Back